What general things can be used in logo for cloud?

That’s what I hate about the internet.
I could make the statement:
“The sky is Pantone 3522c today!”
People might believe me, until they look it up.
(or it could actually be that color on the planet I live on, you never know…)

Hi Hazi,
You are making logos for the cloud service firm startup. The actual purpose of the logo is to quietly define the firm, let people know about its remarkable features like ‘easy to use, simple, durable, secured, engaging, etc.’ The thing that matters a lot is that as to what your firm wants to communicate through the logo. The logo is the symbol of your brand. So, special care is needed to build a logo. No matter, at which platform it was built. The significant thing is, what it communicates through it.
Hope it helps.
Thanks

Everything on the internet is true!
Abraham Lincoln

Thanks all the folks for the response. From what I understand that I know a lot less in the world of logo designing and I need to learn. As I failed to think any creative idea about the cloud service other than cloud and computer aspects for the logo. However, there are quite new things which I have learn from the responses which will be beneficial for me in the future. Such as:

1. Should not thinking about only selected shapes or the objects while creating the logo open to different shapes and object which have no link with respect to brand.
  2. Thinking about the audience what product is and applying the colours what will convey the message of the project.
  3. Not necessary required that service related shapes or object should be included in the logo it can be any shape, object in the logo just like Dropbox provide the cloud storage but does not include any cloud logo on it.
  4. Different changes in shapes and colour change to tone of the logo. The rounded shapes make the logo less formal and red colour make it aggressive while the blue make it calm.

So at the end, now I just want to know from where I can learn the complete process of logo designing, I want all your suggestion from where I can learn the complete process of logo designing professionally. Again Thanks all for your responses folks I appreciated it.

There is no complete process. But there is really good design courses from leading designers in the world on Linked In.

There’s a free months trial

The thing is I have already learned logo designing from different platform such as Udemy, Skill share, YouTube and Lynda. From what I understand from these platform focus overall general logo designing or any specific area of the logo design. These tutorials videos clear the concept of why logos are important and how it can be created in from sketch to Adobe Illustrator or how to create logo presentable it to the client. But the thing is these are not enough if we are creating professional original logo for the firm. Like my case I get stuck to think outside the box even through I have watch and apply these techniques which are shown in different platform sure they are helpful but to some extent. What I need to learn how to create any original creative firm logos without getting stucking.

A lot of people get stuck in the computer. You can’t be creative (well some can) sitting looking at a screen.

When I first started out in this industry there were no websites, or online tutorials, or digital cameras, or stock image libraries, or any research tools.

If I wanted a texture for a background, I either had to create it from scratch in Illustrator/Photoshop or just have a plain colour background.

One time in particular I needed a noticeboard and went to the local hardware store and took a picture of a bunch of different close up shots of notice boards.

And another time I needed a bubblewrap effect and took close up photos of these.

Often for a texture, I would go out to the park, take a picture of a bunch of piled leaves, some close up shots of tree bark. Some pavement in the park. A close up of a swan. A picture of the sky. And so on.

I’d take my camera (film) to the local chemist (pharmacist) who would process my roll of film - and I’d hope that the images turned out ok.

I’d then take those sets of photos, and scan them in to the computer and digitise them - either in Photoshop or Illustrator.

If someone wanted a logo that was a bird or a deer or a shape or something, I found myself out with my camera taking photos of wildlife, or shapes I found in nature.

Because, I cannot draw. I don’t know how. I took lessons, art lessons, drawing lessons - never got any better.

Best I can do is take my photos, and maybe trace shapes I find in them, and scan those into the computer and digitise the shapes.

My point is - step away from the computer.

Go outside, take photos with your phone of interesting things in your world.

Maybe it’s a brick. Maybe it’s a leaf. Maybe it’s an oblong natural shape.

The best things in life happen away from the screen.

1 Like

So I think we’re getting the heart of your conundrum: how to I generate new ideas.

Whenever I’m scraping for ideas I usually go back to the brief and rexamine what it is the client is after. If you’ve done a good job up front understanding the values and identity of your clients business and their expectations you should walk away with a fairly good idea of what they’re after.

Thanks for the sharing valuable experience info. Seems like we have taken everything for granted in today’s time. From what I heard from different expert in the world of graphics the drawing is the one of the most important aspect of graphics design. As it help you to think creative and convey the creative thoughts on the paper. Either way your method is new to me maybe it can help me to think outside box.

I can’t draw and I’m doing this 25 years.

Examine the client requirement is the great way to start thanks for the tip might help me in the future projects.:+1:

1 Like

Yes Sir I have read you’re above comment. The thing is drawing process is always valuable in the long run. It save the time of creating the logo. So what I get we can very much create the logo without any drawing skills but sure it does save the time when creating unique logo.

It does and it doesn’t - I don’t really think you should get too bogged down in drawing skills.

Others are just a lot better at than me. But I’ve created better logos for people who have amazing drawing skills.

You should evolve your creative thinking process - that will make you a better designer. The point of my anecdote of photographing nature and texture was to inspire you to step away from the computer.

Some do it by drawing, some paint out their ideas, and some photograph.

I’m a much better painter than I am at drawing, I paint flowers, landscapes, etc. from scratch with just a paintbrush.

But I can’t bloody well draw the things with pencil. It’s frustrated me, so I gave up and took another approach to achieve creative enlightenment.

You can too! You can do it!

1 Like

Maybe you’re right. I have to try all things such as drawing, painting and photography or other things which might be helpful then have to figure out what suite me the most. Either way I think by excelling in all areas can make the designer workflow fast and better. Even if the designer don’t do sketch, painting and photography he still can be able to make a unique logo. However, by practising these skills might help designer workflow and creative approach.