What is the best web design book?

I got help from afrozweb for designing my restaurant website, but I need to read some of the basic principles and main books to have the best website design.

If you want the best design, you should really hire a designer. Especially if your business is important to you.

It’s hard for me to endorse this book since it’s been a long time since I’ve read it and the internet has changed much, but I remember getting a lot from a book called “Don’t Make Me Think” by Steve Krug.

I’ll give you a list of recommendations, but I caution you that most of these books are detailed in design. As a restaurant owner, you may not want to get this deep into the design aspect of the website as you will with photography or tech (reservation systems, app-based POS systems, or a combination of both).

Sticking with a website template or hiring a designer may be easier to launch your website now, as mastering web design skills can take a while.

On the off-chance you’re a restaurant AND an inspiring designer/coder, here is a list of books you can look into:

• The Principles of Beautiful Web Design (4th edition) by Jason Beaird & Alex Walker
  • Web Design Playground by Paul McFedries
  • Learning Web Design: A Beginner’s Guide to HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Web Graphics (5th Edition) by Jennifer Robbins
  • Laws of UX: Using Psychology to Design Better Products & Services by Jon Yablonski