What is the requirements to become an UI UX Designer?

Hi Everyone
i’m looking for some advise here from my fellow members.I need to know what is the requirements to become an UI / UX Designer. Currently i’m working as a freelance graphic designer and willing to learn UI / UX Design. I will be so grateful if you give me some advise here about UI UX Design.I have some knowledge about web design and i know some languages Ex: HTML / CSS / JavaScript.

2 Likes

https://www.interaction-design.org/ IDF is a NYS certified program and offers UX UI training and so much more. I went through the program and it made a lot of difference in my career and ability to create quality content and development. The first thing you have to understand is this will not happen quickly it takes a lot of hard work and investment to do this right. There are easier way to get training but none in my opinion are worth the money or time. In addition to great classes there is also a very helpful online support line and forum. Good luck in your efforts.

Hi there! I’d be happy to speak a little on behalf of my own experience in a UX bootcamp.

I’m currently taking an online UX Design bootcamp with a company called Springboard. I’ve been enrolled since September 2019, and I should be finished by April. The main thing that attracted me to Springboard was their career services, job guarantee, and the one-on-one mentor.

Unfortunately, I personally don’t qualify for the job guarantee because I live outside the US, but for someone who’s looking to work in a big metropolitan area they do offer it. And they’ve still given me access to all the career resources and have helped me look for remote opportunities instead. I can schedule unlimited calls with professional career coaches who give me advice on where to look for opportunities, how to highlight my skills on LinkedIn, interview prep, etc.

In terms of the mentorship, this has been really helpful for me because I have a lot of questions about my projects, and my mentor always gives me feedback. The mentors have years of experience in UX, so they should be able to answer your questions about projects, applications, and the industry itself.

I know that taking courses online might not be for everyone, since you do have to motivate yourself to dedicate the time to studying, but I think this course is a really good option for someone who wants to get their foot in the door with UX - especially if you qualify for the job guarantee and/or want to take advantage of the career services.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

https://www.springboard.com/workshops/ux-career-track/?utm_source=graphic_design_forum&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=uxc

To become a UI/UX designer, you typically need a strong understanding of design principles, proficiency in design tools like Sketch or Adobe XD, knowledge of user-centered design processes, and experience in creating wireframes and prototypes. A degree in design, interaction design, or a related field can be beneficial, but it’s not always required. Building a portfolio of design projects and continually staying updated with industry trends and best practices is crucial for success in this field. Additionally, good communication and collaboration skills, as well as a keen eye for detail, are valuable traits in the field of UX design.

This thread is 4 years old. Feel free to start a new topic if needed.

lilzombie