As a creative person, most of the time, software is just a tool designed toward a predefined purpose. However, it doesn’t mean that that software can only be used for a sole purpose. It’s all, in the end, up to you to decide how you are going to use the tool in your hand.
If what you are looking for is software for creating animation, you must first take note that each country, region, company, organization/institution make use of different software and frameworks. If you plan to work for any of them, it’s better to do some research on your own to find out which software you need to master.
By the way, did you know that creating an animation involve many procedures?
For example, for a 2D Animation clip:
- General Character/Background Design: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, GIMP are generally preferred software
- General Rigging and Animating: Cartoon Animator, Adobe Character Animator, Adobe Animate, and other software (note that there are also software which allows users to design and animate/rig the designed elements at the same time)
- General Effects & Editing Software: Adobe After Effects
- General Clip Editing Software: Adobe Premier, Final Cut
- General Sound Effect/Sound Engineering Software: depends on your system
For a 3D Animation clip:
- General Character/Background Design: Autodesk Maya (dominates the professional 3D Animation market), Autodesk 3DS Max (generally used more for game development), ZBrush ( Professional CG design), Blender, etc. There are also other specialized software depending on your needs (for example, if you want to adjust your texture, etc. or want to quickly populate a certain type of model for your scene).
- General Character Rigging and Animation: In general, many 3D design software also have this function built in. There are also other specialized software but you’ll have to research it yourself.
There are also other tools depending on your need such as KeyShot (best for product presentation), Cinema4D, etc.
Animation and Motion Graphic Design is in no way an easy field, so if you truly want to learn how to create an animated clip, you should definitely look it up on the Internet first. It will save you lots of time instead of waiting for someone else to answer.