Wow, rusty!

Since everyone else is sharing their most impressive illustration skills, I thought I’d share one of mine. To commemorate the strange times we’re living through, I call it “self portrait holding an empty toilet paper roll.”

4 Likes

Steve-O, the legs should maybe be crossed. :wink:

I like Praxis’s illustration of TP dodgeball. Being the one everyone aimed at, I’d win that game!

I use a dip pen for calligraphy, but would rather the uninterrupted flow of a technical pen for when doing an illustration. I’ll have to dig back to see if I can come up with an old finished piece.

3 Likes

Dang! That’s really nice @Steve_O.

Hands are difficult to draw, but you still managed to put thumbs on them. It looks like he hasn’t been able to get to the barbershop and gave himself less-than-successful haircut. He’s frightened, like many of us and at a quandary over what to do. He even looks a bit thin, as though he might be sick himself, but as is typical with Covid-19, some people don’t know they have it, which again plays into his alarm and apparent confusion.

Is it a man? Is it a woman? It doesn’t matter, since this disease doesn’t discriminate. I love your choice of red since it suggests the urgency of the situation.

This work is packed with symbolism.

You nailed it as usual! :grinning:

5 Likes

Perhaps he’s seeing red at the person who left the empty TP tube in the holder?

2 Likes

where is the mask?
details, details de-tails

and your stick figure should be brown

You where a mask to the bathroom? A gas mask maybe…

force of habit that I put that mask on everything i draw nowadays
and the tidybowl man might have a bout of covid19, since he is within 6 feet!

Uh, the Tidybowl Man has more to worry about than being coughed on. Other things carry covid19 germs as well…
Tidal Wave!!!

Funny, I did this one before the TP dodgeball illustration.

mug

4 Likes

More from my memory chest.

GDF_Gunfight

I don’t even remember if it were for a job or just self-amusement.

4 Likes

gotta work the perspective on the left leg still (seems a little long still). Very tough pose though, nice.

I know this isn’t hand drawn but the club has been around since 1896, so… here’s an update to my old soccer teams logo.

The original is just the letters in the diamond, b&w.

Here’s a goof on my business.

3 Likes

LOL!

The best part about drawing hands is you always have a model.

Wow. You should have stayed with drawing… Real talent!

1993 i found in a scrap book i would draw all the time even at expo baseball games, this was an usher Justine in sec 129

4 Likes

Looks like she was a real toad.

:wink:

1 Like

5 Likes

Looks a bit like Walton Goggins.

2 Likes

I am starting to feel like a Michael Bolton song in your brain that you can’t get rid of.

GDF_Elvis

2 Likes