XXIII Olympic Winter Games

Watching skating now (mogul skiing and some curling earlier)…

I really hate the announcers. they don’t understand what the word “disaster” means. and every little thing is “the worst skate I’ve ever seen him do” “he really let the team down”

1 Like

I don’t know about you but I was having a major issue with the stream tonight. It kept reverting back to the Zamboni after the Men’s skate LOL … I had to keep refreshing or it would revert back in the middle of a team skate. As for the announcers … I really wish they would issue a gag order while the performance is going on. Comment all you want after. But one girl slipped and it was OOOOOH that’s unfortunate … that’s going to cost the team … she didn’t receive a single deduction from the judges because she completed all the technical requirements. And they need to teach that man how to say Pyeongchang. He said it different every time he said it! LOL :smiley:

Hi FANS,

I’m a big fan of winter sports and my fovorite sports are:
alpine skiing
freestyle skiing and snowboarding

David Wise an dGus Kenworthy are going for Gold for sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWhqHJtvbPo

very impressive to me :slight_smile:

…because i love skiing :heart_eyes:
cant`t wait to watch it live

1 Like

I’m going to have to figure out when and how to watch better. I figured the Opening Ceremony was being delayed until tonight do to the time difference. Nope … was streamed at 6am this morning LOL … I woke up to all the oohs and ahhs over it on the book of Faces and had to turn it off … I don’t want it totally ruined for me! :smiley:

^ yeah, I opened the NBC Sports app and tried to watch US Curling…not coming up, so I switched to Canadian Curling. then back to US a little later…only to see “this event has concluded” doh…clicked to the home screen and saw the LIVE Opening Ceremonies…watched about a minute…they were introducing the P countries…one guy came in topless and all greased up. not sure what country that was.

1 Like

I haven’t wanted to post much because of the massive 14 hour time difference, there is no telling when folks are seeing things. That being said if you want to post something about your country but aren’t sure it’s a spoiler … you can post it like this. Then it’s up to the reader to click on it :smiley:

Current Medal Count:

medalcount%20copy

Way to go Red Gerard … only 17!!! Gold in Slopestyle Snowboarding and Chris Mazdzer … Silver in the Single Luge :heart:

2 Likes

Jamie Anderson takes gold in Slopestyle & Team USA won bronze in Figure Skating!!!

:snowboarder::snowboarder::snowboarder:

Saw this story. It made me laugh. A newsroom put up a parody Olympics graphic instead of the real thing.

They are right on top of things lmao :smiley:

Dumbest thing I’ve heard an Olympic commentator say: “he didn’t walk away on a stretcher”

I’d really like to know how often some walks away on a stretcher…

2 Likes

I’d love to roll all the announcers up in to a little ball and kick them over the fence :wink:

Top 3 for Medals at this point.

Alpine Skiing is STILL delayed due to high winds :frowning:

And if you haven’t seen Shaun White’s run for the Gold in the Halfpipe … you should :wink: Very … VERY exciting!

Summary

2 Likes

I’m a fan of Shaun White, but he sort of spoiled his performance by throwing his helmet after his first run. Not very sportsman-like IMO.

I think that was in the moment, excitement and exhilaration. maybe that cost him some points as the run seemed a bit better than the score given.

My wife was laughing the morning at all the people complaining about the flag. she didn’t notice it last night (though she caught the f-bomb). I saw it and thought the same as someone else on here that you know someone is going to spot it and make a stink.

I noticed him dragging the flag on the ground too, was surprised to see that. What’s also surprising is how he seems to be avoiding backlash from the sexual harassment allegations lodged against him.

oh USA Today has written several articles about it. and he responded to a question brought up. calling it gossip.

by the way - did you also noticed that shaun white is the first snowboarder winning 3 olympic gold medals and moreover he took home the 100th gold medal for team USA in winter games history!

1 Like

I did indeed notice :smiley: That was pretty awesome! :heart::heart:

Anyone see the Bobsled race last night? Ooooh what a finish from those Germans! :slight_smile: Scary but AMAZING! :smiley:

Updated Medal Count so far :slight_smile:

medals

What a drive. He carried so much speed through the last turn that he couldn’t keep the outside runner from climbing the straight wall.

1 Like