XXIII Olympic Winter Games

Starting Feb. 9 until Feb. 25 in Pyeongchang, South Korea at the Pyeongchang Olympic Stadium.
Coverage begins Feb. 8 (Figure Skating) and continues Feb. 9 (Opening Ceremony).
Here is the full schedule:

Who is watching? What are your favorite sports?

I love watching most of it. I’m especially fond of Figure Skating, Snowboarding, Alpine Skiing, Ski Jumping and Biathlon. But, I pretty much watch all that I can :slight_smile:

:snowflake::skier::snowboarder::ice_skate::snowflake:

Meh

An entire 2 week international festival of sport dependent on a relative absence of friction.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I like all the fast, downhill stuff; Alpine Skiing, Ski Jump, Bobsleigh, Luge, etc. I will also watch some curling, much to the dismay of my family. The one I find most entertaining, though, is short track speed skating. That’s some real racing.

1 Like

me me me me me!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Olympics. it is a time where athletes compete on a “semi” non-professional playing field. where you see people/sports that are NOT the everyday 4- or 5-some that are “national overpaid types”

Usually a great camaraderie between the players. I really like the sports that are not the ones broadcast in prime time because…those are all overplayed/overhyped

I really enjoy Curling. Luge, Skeleton, Bobsled, Trick skiing, snowboarding, the short track speed skating relays are insane.

oh, and I HATE, HATE, HATE…the delayed telecast but mores the Media outlets and Facebook posters who feel the need to publicize the winners before it is shown on TV. like when they congratulate athletes on winning gold in “x” when it won’t be show for another 6 hours on TV. hey, that person isn’t seeing your post so quit it.

1 Like

I enjoy the Summer Olympics more, but I do enjoy the snowboarding and the luge.

1 Like

Nope. The Olympics lost me as a viewer years ago (back in the late 70s.)

1 Like

I’ll be watching board-cross, ski-cross, freestyle board/ski, ski jump, GS, skeleton, luge, bobsled, curling, biathlon, and of course hockey.

@bjmramage - I thought only Canadian’s like curling :wink:

1 Like

oh sorry bout that,
you can call me a Canuck eh?

2 Likes

I went curling once on the facility that was built here in Utah for the Olympics. I kind of got dragged into it as part of a work-related outing. Surprisingly, it was a whole lot of fun and not anywhere close to being as stupid as it might seem.

1 Like

THIS!!! I love it all too … and I have to stay off Facebook an other outlets until I actually can watch … otherwise inevitably someone will spill the beans :wink:

I actually like Curling too. It’s actually pretty fun to watch. I saw a video the other day of a combination of Curling and Crokinole. I of course had to look up Crokinole :smiley: But, now I know what it is :smiley:

Anyhoo… I give you Crokicurl … the next sensation (they say)

Curling = housework on ice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Crokinole was invented in Ontario a town over from where I grew up

1 Like

sorry, you missed one stereotype aboot Canadians, eh. It’s ok though I’ve prepared an Honourary Canadian/Canadien honoraire package for you anyways. Enjoy your toque, hockey stick, double-double, maple syrup, poutine, butter tarts, and ketchup & all-dressed chips. Sorry there’s no moose or beaver, it is an Honourary designation.

2 Likes

^ ok. that sounds good. I will just have to look longingly at the beavers.

1 Like

Be careful, beavers can be deadly

Wasn’t a Canadian Beaver, but they are equally as ill-tempered

1 Like

Woah, woah, woah. I thought everything in Canada was nice?

2 Likes
1 Like

One of my favorite scenes :smiley:

Did anyone watch the curling last night? Skating tonight. They are doing early matches and the Opening Ceremony is on tomorrow night :slight_smile: