Your own 3D parametric modeler FreeCAD

Freedom to build what you want
FreeCAD is an open-source parametric 3D modeler made primarily to design real-life objects of any size. Parametric modeling allows you to easily modify your design by going back into your model history and changing its parameters.

Create 3D from 2D & back
FreeCAD allows you to sketch geometry constrained 2D shapes and use them as a base to build other objects. It contains many components to adjust dimensions or extract design details from 3D models to create high quality production ready drawings.

Accessible, flexible & integrated
FreeCAD is a multiplatform (Windows, Mac and Linux), highly customizable and extensible software. It reads and writes to many open file formats such as STEP, IGES, STL, SVG, DXF, OBJ, IFC, DAE and many others, making it possible to seamlessly integrate it into your workflow.

Designed for your needs
FreeCAD is designed to fit a wide range of uses including product design, mechanical engineering and architecture. Whether you are a hobbyist, a programmer, an experienced CAD user, a student or a teacher, you will feel right at home with FreeCAD.

And many more great features
FreeCAD equips you with all the right tools for your needs. You get modern Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools, experimental CFD, dedicated BIM, Geodata or CAM/CNC workbenches, a robot simulation module that allows you to study robot movements and many more features. FreeCAD really is a Swiss Army knife of general-purpose engineering toolkits.
Want to contribute to FreeCAD?
FreeCAD is a truly open source project and if you would like to help fix bugs, implement new cool features or work on the documentation, we invite you to join us and create a software that benefits the whole community.

I could just paste the link to the website here, but that would probably flag the post as plain promotion, which is not allowed by the forums rules, so I am asking first:

Is anyone interested to know more about it ?

Does it handle importing from Illustrator?
And exporting to .dxf as polylines with accurate curves (no facets, no splines)?

I tried this with SVG but got unsatisfactory results. I then used dxf which gave much better results.

so yes, it supports importing from Illustrator, but in .dxf format.

I apologize if anything is unclear as my real language is Chinese.

freecad also has its own forum where they can help and advise newcomers.

The whole issue in my case is that the .dxf from Illustrator often opens in AutoCAD as a bunch of facet splines rather than curves. So I don’t want to send a .dxf to CAD.
But thanks for checking it out.

forum.freecad org
there are a lot of answers about freecad on this forum

freecad org and here is the official page where you can download freecad (put org before the domain zone . and the link will work)