Anyone playing WORDLE & similar games?

I’m not sure what the best strategy for this might be, but wouldn’t choosing a word with the most vowels, such as adieu or Kauai, always be the best way to start?

1 Like

Hah, my strategy is to think of a 5-letter word.

Any 5-letter word.

2 Likes

That casued a literal LOL.

1 Like

Ha! Got today’s word in three tries (after 20 minutes of thinking about it). Maybe I’ve finally found a game I’m halfway competent at.

Then again, spending 20 minutes on a lucky guess probably isn’t an indication of anything other than my propensity to waste time when I should be working. :frowning_face:

Warning, solution hidden below.

Summary

2 Likes

Just talking about it this weekend!

1 Like

+1, already addicted and stumped…

W

T

F

?

1 Like

Ugh!!

1 Like

Try ILIAD.

2 Likes

I don’t think any Wordle repeats letters. But it looks like you are playing a wordle clone, so it is hard to tell.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s it. And I had thought of that, but sort of dismissed it. It is indeed the first instance I’ve seen of a repeated letter, and also the least “ordinary” word I’ve encountered, although that may just be a matter of perception. Now I know.

I don’t know whether the unlimited one is a knock off, but I do know it, and the daily one, both look a little different in different browsers.

Thanks B. On to the next time waster…

1 Like

Wordle 214 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

3 Likes

Forgot to share this part:

Wordle 213 5/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

3 Likes

Wow nice job!

2 Likes

I don’t get the new word for 3 more hours
:sob:

2 Likes

Wed. Wordle 214 4/6

:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

1 Like

It’s so addictive, just did some more on Wordle unlimited

2 Likes

Super stupid lucky guess:
Wordle 214 3/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

2 Likes

Wed - ugh but I’ll never give up
Wordle 214 5/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square:

1 Like

Wordle 214 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

1 Like

Wordle 214 2/6

:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

Got stupid lucky today.

2 Likes