Crafter Thread!

I feel her pain :grin:

… and oh my GOSH! That bear is beyond sweet. What a fabulous keepsake :heart: I love it!

I haven’t been keeping up with this thread … I usually post those kind of pics over on Instagram.

I’ve been crocheting up a storm over the past few months of our Pandemic.

Here are a few of my projects :slight_smile:

Covered a dumpy old pillow. It went from drab to fab :smiley:

Made a stash busting afghan. Used all sorts of colors. It’s double stranded. Makes for a very thick and warm blankie.

A sweet little Amigurumi Doll called Lou the Unicorn.

183401046_10221361907812158_7348219890712790702_n

A blanket for my Niece for her birthday when she visited from out of state.

A thick blanket made out of Chenille yarn. Very cozy and warm for my littlest niece. She sleeps with it every night :smiley:

I learned how to cable stitch … no easy task and very proud of myself for giving myself a challenge :smiley:

And finally … I just finished this one day before yesterday and she is off to her new home tomorrow.
I am sooo happy with how it turned out. I challenged myself to get it done by July 4th and I did it … 2 weeks of non stop crocheting :heart: (well nearly non-stop)

So other than work … what have you guys and gals been doing over the pandemic to get through the boring days?

3 Likes

Beautiful crochet work! I used to knit back in the day and almost learned crocheting but never got around to it.

I’ve been doing some acrylic pouring:
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 8.35.13 AM
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 8.35.56 AM
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 8.35.47 AM
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 8.35.24 AM

3 Likes

I used to knit and make clothes when I was younger (arthritis made me stop) and I got really creative with the cabling stitches. I also made a 7 foot teddy bear once for a friend’s birthday. So long ago if I had any pictures they would be in black + white.

1 Like

@Sprainkles … gorgeous! I love the cells!

@StudioMonkey … too bad no pics … would loved to have seen that bear … sounds amazing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ask and ye shall receive :smiley:

I figured I would post it here and show this old post some love :wink:

I can’t believe a whole year has gone by. It’s amazing when you take on a project that is going to take a specific amount of time. Time passes a little differently. This was an undertaking and I loved every minute of it. I’ve seen so many people start, but never finish a temp blanket. I read all the pros and cons. I am so happy I decided to do it my way instead of the traditional way and end up with a blanket 3 miles long :smiley:

Anyhoo … here she is in all her glory!!! It’s still so big I had to have two people hold it up and I still couldn’t get it all in frame LOL ! :rofl: It’s approx. 8’ x 6’.

6 Likes

I feel all warm and snuggly just looking at that - very impressive :smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks SM … it’s very snuggly :slight_smile:

Nice one. Takes me back to being a kid. We used to go up to the Lake District a lot of the weekends from Spring to Autumn when I was a kid and there were always blankets just like that, which my grandmother had made. Hot coffee, misty early spring mornings, sitting in bed, wrapped in the blankets – probably not quite as monumentally huge though! Mind, when you are 8 they all feel huge. Beautiful job.

That’s great! Thanks for sharing. I can’t imagine how long something like that would take. Did you work on that all year long as months are completed?

1 Like

Christmas gift projects from 2020

1 Like

Christmas projects from 2021

3 Likes

Yes … each square represents a month and each row in the square represents the temp for each day. :slight_smile: I started it on January 1, 2022 and finished it on December 31, 2022. :grin:

… and Thank you :heart:

Gorgeous work WMC!!! I love leather work. It’s something I’ve never attempted. Anyone who received one of those treasures is very lucky :heart:

@RedKittieKat the small brown satchel was made for my mom, along with the small zippered coin purse. The similar small purple satchel was made for my oldest niece. The watch band for my dad, one of the belts also as well as the small tumbler wrap. The other belt and the roll-up tube thing (intended to be a toiletries travel kit/carrier) were for my brother in law.
The large brown satchel wasn’t made by me, but it is my own personal every day bag. If it wasn’t obvious, it was the inspiration for the overall design/construction of the two smaller satches.

I would have posted some other projects from 2019 but they’ve been uploaded to my OneDrive which has been frozen after running out of storage space hah. If I can ever get them re-downloaded I’ll post some of those as well.

1 Like

They are all really nice … and I’d love to see more when you can get to them :wink:

2019 Christmas projects

2 Likes

More gorgeous creations! :grin: They are all fabulous … but that journal is ahhhhmazing! Your stitching is fantastic! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Projects for coworkers and others

1 Like

Apologies for the large images.