Crafter Thread!

These look too nice to be shoving in the ground lol

Thats pretty awesome Yoss. Well done.

I love it Yoss!!! They are lucky kitties for sure! :heart::heart:

Thanks Craig and Kittie!

1 Like

Right down to the wire … but all my projects are done and we will be delivered tomorrow!!! :smiley:

I will be heading to North Carolina in the wee hours on a road trip with my two sisters and next to oldest niece. The trip is going to be half of the adventure :smiley:

We will be welcoming little Sophie into this world on Wednesday … I can’t wait! :heart:

Along with various and sundry baby items I made her a sweet rag quilt. Totally loving how it turned out. I used a really soft lining and it soooo squishy :smiley:

49666823_2290776094289969_40087433739501568_n 50115455_2102328856723768_2855361818216366080_n

I also made Alex a baby book for Sophie. Lots of room for pictures and saving those little keepsakes. This one took me 4 nights of non-stop creation lol … LOTS of fussy cutting :wink:

I helped my niece make this huge S for Sophie’s room. It turned out sooo stinkin’ cute :smiley:

So y’all behave while I’m gone :wink: I’ll be back sometime Friday.

2 Likes

Be safe and have a good time. :grin: Try not to get caught in any winter snow storms on the way there and back.

1 Like

Hopefully it will be smooth sailing :wink: Thanks Just-B :slight_smile:

Been working on Christmas presents the past few months. This year all the girls are getting little cubbie boxes. I’m quite happy with how they are turning out :slight_smile: They are approx. 14 x 12 x 6
Four down … Four to go LOL :smiley: :wink:

68519606_2220477091383276_3597604945185996800_n

70342281_682034228966386_2581478183316488192_n

4 Likes

Wow, those are awesome RKK. That last one is exquisite.

1 Like

Thanks HB … they are pretty time consuming … but boy, I love how they turn out. So dang adorable, if I do say so myself :smiley:

Working on sweet, tiny albums as little stocking stuffer type gifts.

This is one I did for my sister with my parents, grandparents and great grandparents in it. Each sibling is getting one. I’m also making one for my sister in law with her family of course :wink: It will hold 16 pics.

I got the template and idea from Nik the Booksmith. I love her creative mind :smiley:

(toothpick shown for size)

78703448_10217472527660085_2020595870101143552_n

76936854_10217472529020119_3180573215701336064_n

4 Likes

Wow! Very nice. Those are the kinds of things that will be held onto and cherished for generations.

1 Like

I hope so :heart:

Thanks B :slight_smile:

As I mentioned in our recent Friday thread, I was finishing up a new blanket and promised to post :wink:

She’s all done and delivered and she’s a big, cuddly, beauty! This blankie is about 58x74. Not many will want to know but just in case :wink: … it’s done with the griddle stitch and a 7mm hook.

My Niece loved it :heart:

4 Likes

Hi KitchWitch,
You are superb in your artwork. I am very pleased to see your masterpieces. These pieces really reflect your creativity and deep interest. Can’t wait to see more!

Cheers,

Since we are not having our annual HUGE family get together this Christmas. I’m not making any grand things for the older folks. I’ll still get the littles some things that I’ll fling in the cars as they pass by :wink: I’m also making some little jewelry type items and the man is etching brass and making really nice key chains for everyone. All stuff is mailable if I have to.
:grin:

But, I had to make my yearly ornament. So this year I decided on hand sewn little gems. These are very reminiscent of the red and white Swedish ornaments my great Grandmother had. I could have gone that route … but no one would really get the symbolism. So I just went with white and different colors as it will pretty much match everyone’s tree. They are all about 4x4. They were a lot of fun to make … except for when I inevitably poke a finger here and there :wink:

This will be the first time ever we have not all gotten together as a family on Christmas. Other holidays folks have always done their own thing … but Christmas was the one time of year you got to see everyone you have been missing. It’s a very strange feeling I’m having about it though.

On one hand I’m really bummed out. I love seeing everyone and having our breakfast feast and flapping the old gums for hours, listening to the kids have a blast and sharing old family memories. But, on the other hand I’m relieved. There is no stress, no baking until the wee hours, no worries of trying to find new outfits, etc.

It’s an odd time we are living in for sure.

1 Like

When my Grandma died (about 20 years ago now) that was the end of family gatherings. I am gonna miss going out for a Christmas/New Years dinner with my friends though. A few of them are ok with Covid and maybe coming over for a nosh and a cider, but a few aren’t, since I’m out in the wild with work. Those, I’ll call.
My stepgram used to do a lot of crafting. I still have the Roosevelt Teddy she made for me. It even has the turning leg and arm joints. So cool!

1 Like

I’ve never made anything like that before. How great that you still have it! :slight_smile:

and for everything else I find myself saying “Thanks Covid!” for a lot of things lately … mostly in a humorous way though :wink:

Being the introverted hermit that I am, a little social time goes a long way. As I said I will miss Christmas … but missing some other things that normally would have happened have not broken my heart lol :stuck_out_tongue:

This may be TMI but since we have had no vehicle for a few months, I literally have not stepped foot out of the house until recently for a doc appt and then for some food shopping with my sister. I almost forgot how to dress and put on make up lolol :stuck_out_tongue: I actually had to stop at one point when it dawned on me “oh yeah, I need a bra”.

:grin:

Ah ha ha, you sound like my sister! She doesn’t go out much (works from home) and when she does, the first thing off after coming back home is that! LOL!
Bear:

2 Likes

I feel her pain :grin:

… and oh my GOSH! That bear is beyond sweet. What a fabulous keepsake :heart: I love it!