Crafter Thread!

I can finally post this. I made a baby quilt for my new cousin Cordelia, but wanted her mom to be the first to see it (not sure why I thought she’d see it here but oh well). The only guidance I got was gender neutral, muted colors and maybe something nature-y. I like the way it turned out.

4 Likes

You did an awesome job Kitch!! I’m sure both Momma and baby loved it :heart::heart:

Your binding is beautifully done too!!!

Last Halloween I made my costume from all kinds of stuff. This is the top of my Voodoo cane. Raided the wife’s craft room…I’ll have to dig my mask out of the shed. I love Halloween.

2 Likes

That’s awesome Willy :smiley:

Here are a couple little babies I made for two of my littlest babies. My two Grand Nephews :heart:

Amigurumi Jellyfish - Crochet & sewn eyes … no removable parts for safety :heart:

37028794_10213955301611632_3804936541415931904_n

37113488_10213955302611657_8173298635161731072_n

3 Likes

Halloween version coming soon?

Here are my latest painted stones. The red, white and silver one is for my cousin who loves Harley Quinn. The one on the far right is supposed to be garlic, for my brother-in-law the garlic farmer.

3 Likes

Beautiful work Kitch!! Totally loving the garlic :smile:

1 Like

Not sure if this counts as a dot stone, but my sister is a huge Rick and Morty fan and this rock was the right shape, so… Pickle Rick!

3 Likes

Nailed it !! First thing I saw before I read the post. Well done:grinning:

1 Like

Here’s a 4-foot tall Minnie Mouse pull-string piñata we made from scratch for my granddaughter’s 2nd birthday party. My wife was the CD, I did the engineering and cardboard construction, our 12 year-old daughter did the artistic stuff (the underlying drawings of Minnie-parts), and we all cut and glued bits of crepe paper (est. over 7,500 ‘bits’!!!). It was a pretty intensive 35-or-so man-hours over a 4-day period and left a ridiculous mess behind.

So from here, we can go with one of two plans:

1. Refine our production methods enough to facilitate the construction of a dozen or so other characters and go into the rentals business (pull-string piñatas are reusable).
    OR
  2. Never, ever even consider doing this shit again.
3 Likes

HB! That’s awesome! She is gonna love it!! :smiley: Bless your heart … they are a pain in the piñasssssta to make! lol :smiley: I’ve done a few but never to this perfection and detail! :slight_smile:

I’ve only done one Mouse related thing lately. It’s a Jelly Mouse or maybe Mickey Fish? LOL :smiley: It was a custom combo for a friend :wink:

2 Likes

It’s adorable!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

I was asked for a donation for a silent auction to benefit Adirondack Save - A - Stray. Our local animal rescue, no kill shelter. I couldn’t resist. I made this darling, little book and it went over quite well. I’m tickled pink :heart: It had 25 bids and brought in a nice sum for the shelter :slight_smile:

I won’t bore you with all the pics … but you get the idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

A couple little beauties I’m working for Christmas :slight_smile:

The rustic Christmas tree ornaments are about 5x5 and the little Scandinavian stars are about 3x3.

4 Likes

Those quilt trees are sooooo very awesome!

I’ll take a 1/2 dozen … thx!

1 Like

Thanks GD :smiley: I love making little trinkets :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice work, Kittie! I bet the little pieces of those stars are kind of fiddly to put together.

1 Like

It’s not too bad really. It’s made of strips and folded and tucked. A pin here and there holds them while I fold and a slight dab of fabric glue keeps them in place. :slight_smile: The worst part is if I grab it wrong and get the wrong end of the pin lmao :smiley: I need to get out my quilt clips … but I’m too lazy :stuck_out_tongue: I would have to dig through the closet :wink:

We need some manlier projects up in here. And so I present my kitty cat cabin! :grinning:

I don’t know if they got dumped outside of town, but we were adopted by a couple cats over the past year. They split their time between the barn and a cardboard box up by the house so I decided to make them something a little more substantial.

I built most of it out of leftover scrap from other projects. The only thing I bought special were a few cedar fence boards to cut down and profile into mini clapboard siding. The roof lifts off for cleaning and it has 3 inches of foil backed foam in the walls, floor, and ceiling for insulation.

I’ll eventually add a little porch and faux windows but it’s done enough for now.

Here are the residents, Steve and Cindy.

3 Likes