Fresh Bites - Logo Design

Geez, B. Thanks for the kind words.

1 Like

I think @Eriskay was making a joke that CD/AD looks a little bit like AC/DC.

2 Likes

Thanks SteveO, although if one has to explain it is no longer a joke.

1 Like

Back in the early '90s, I attended an AC/DC concert here in Salt Lake. The arena was packed with 20-some-thousand screaming teenagers. Luckily, I was sitting way up in the nosebleed seats with the, um, adults.

Anyway, the crowd on the floor of the arena (festival seating, as in no chairs) sort of went crazy when the band launched into Thunderstruck. Around 4,000 teenagers surged toward the stage and crushed to death several kids in the process. People were screaming and climbing all over each other to escape while others who were oblivious to it all continued to push forward as the band continued to play until they realized what was happening.

It was awful.

Thanks, Steve_O—Looks like I’m taking things a little too seriously these days.

1 Like

This is heartbreaking :frowning: I’m sorry you had to witness such a thing.

At the time, it just seemed like we had a birdseye seat to a teenage mosh pit thing that got way out of control. The concert being stopped was a good indication that something bad had happened. We didn’t find out until the next day that there were a bunch of injuries and a few deaths.

It was a bit like seeing a wreck on the highway that people drive by and put out of their minds until the next day when they hear on the news that people had died in the crash.

I am sorry you had that experience. It sounds awful.

I derailed your thread — sorry.

The riot wasn’t a big deal for me. I wasn’t part of the crowd getting trampled. It was a huge thing for those who were hurt.

It is no problem at all. Rather out than in :slight_smile: I really would like to watch them live, but think it is a bit late for that, and they do not come to South Africa anyway haha

Well … I should be the first one to say sorry. I started this.

@Eriskay No need to apologise :slight_smile: it is all good

This wouldn’t be our beloved GDF if there weren’t a good thread derailment now and again :smiley:

No problem at all gang :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@Just-B @HotButton @RedKittieKat If i have an update / improvement on the logo, do i post the update here, or should I create a new thread? :slight_smile:

There’s not really a forum rule regarding that. Since this thread has gotten pretty long and meandered off in various directions, I might suggest starting a new thread for your updated version. You might want to mention that it’s an update to a discussion that started here. You might even link back to it. Whatever you think works best will probably be fine.

1 Like

Wait a minute. This thread is about a logo design?

2 Likes

I think by this point AC/DC outweighs the logo haha :smiley:

3 Likes

Repeating that others said. Looks like a vegan restaurant. Kerning is off. I wouldn’t use black, which usually depicts death, or any dark color for that matter. The font choice is okay, but I would try something lighter.

Granted this thread is nearly a year old,
The leaf being bitten = Fresh Bites. Like someone nibbling on fresh organic lettuce (or the lettuce has slug bites because it is organic. :laughing:)

Thank you for your input. I will keep that in mind. I need to rework the logo, life happened so havent had the time to update it :joy: