Game Graphics Design

I am a Indie Game Dev , but I am not good at graphic design . Here are two screenshot one from game whose graphics looks good to me and another from my game . Can anyone help me in enhancing my design and make it look better ?

My Game :

Another Game :

Well, nobody here is going to do it for you. For that matter, it’s against the forum rules to ask for free work.

I’ll move it into the Crit Pit, where you might get some critical feedback that might help you improve it yourself. The other choice is to move your post into the classified section where you agree to pay whomever you choose to help you in a more direct way.

Hello Sir,
I want to do it myself. I have just asked for suggestions to improve it . I am sorry if it sounds like I am asking for free work but I just wanted suggestions to improve it myself .

I’m not even sure exactly what the game entails to off much advice. They look like ever-so-slightly modernized versions of Pong from the early 80’s

Could you briefly explain what your game is about? Without any context it just looks like a bunch of shapes on a block.

Hello schweta,
In this game , you can see pink and cyan colored blocks which are descending downwards and you have to save them from spikes which comes in your way . Here is youtube link of the gameplay of this game : Youtube

Looking forward to hear from you .Any suggestions are appreciated .

Not sir. Just B. :smile: Anyway, it’s all good. No problems.

Not knowing much about the game, I’ll comment from a purely aesthetic and compositional perspective.

The bottom example creates the illusion of a physical space in which the game takes place. It does this with shadows that suggest dimensionality.

It also has a more coordinated color scheme instead of the more random colors of the top example.

The bottom image also has a more harmonious balance between the positive and negative spaces, whereas the top example doesn’t even consider this always important relationship.

Finally, warm colors can often be just a bit more inviting and exciting that cool ones, like green and blue.

You’re game needs a theme and perhaps a story. Let that drive the graphic design in terms of skins and styles.

Hello Just-B,
Thank you so much for reply .

Hello designzombie,
Thanks for your reply .Can you please suggest what kind of theme I can apply???

Spinifer_x I watched the video but don’t really understand the game. Have you thought about maybe making it story/character based to make it clearer what to do? For example, Pacman is only a simple game, but the character and the ghosts make it clear what you have to do.

Perhaps you could turn the coloured blocks into animals and have some hero character to make it clearer how to save them.

I’d have to play the game to do that.

But you can probably get creative and come up with a theme yourself. You’ve probably played the game more than anyone else. Think about the game play and the game mechanics. There has to be a similar dynamic in real life that you can compare it to. It’s a metaphor for __________. What you are trying to do in the game is analogous to __________ in real life.

Hey there,
Thanks for your feedback . I will look forward to your suggestion.

I just looked at the video. At a glance, it looks like a car driving game mechanic, like being on a straight race track avoiding obstacles. However, I don’t know what the white dots are for. But the squares could easily become off road race cars. The triangles could easily become boulders, trees, or sinkholes in the path.

Is it multiplayer?

Hello there,
Here is a link to my game BeatBlockx

You can play it on any android phone . I want to tell you that its an casual game so I cant use anything like tree,boulders and all . I want some suggestions on color, shadows and some more little details which can improve it looks. In the initial post I have shared an Image of Another game ,I want something like that .Can you please suggest me something like that?

Hello there,
Here is a link to my game Link to download the game

You can play it on any android phone . I want to tell you that its an casual game so I cant use anything like tree,boulders and all . I want some suggestions on color, shadows and some more little details which can improve it looks. In the initial post I have shared an Image of Another game ,I want something like that .Can you please suggest me something like that?

Without a theme, I can’t make any better suggestions than what B has already suggested.

Thanks alot :slight_smile:

I think offering a meaningful critique based on one screen capture and not knowing anything about the game would be pretty difficult. I’d suggest you find a qualified designer to work with. If you can’t afford to pay a designer, you might find one who would work for royalties or an ownership stake in your company.