Goin' Down That YouTube Rabbit Hole

Chances are, it’s happened to you. You go to YouTube innocently enough to find out how to create an effect in Photoshop, or whatever, and an hour later you’re watching toads that give birth through holes in their backs. Yep, that’s a real thing. Post your cool, unique, fascinating or whatever video finds here.

5 Likes
3 Likes

This happens to me all of the time! Will post up the next interesting find!!

2 Likes

I never end up in that rabbit hole with something as cool as flying in an F-16. I typically get dragged down into stupid police chase videos or watching some guy with a chainsaw carve
an Indian chief from a tree stump.

3 Likes

Sorry. Not a YouTuber at all.

The you tube rabbit hole is data driven from your history searches and cache. It’s how they make money. It’s all algorithm driven and pushed.

1 Like

It’s why Mother keeps asking me did I see that recipe that is on Facebook… she doesn’t quite get it that I don’t see the same material on Facebook as she does. She thinks everyone sees the same…not that I use social media anymore, doesn’t stop her asking.

I start out looking for something like a crochet tutorial and I end up watching how to make Korean Street Food :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you. I didn’t want to admit to watching hand quilting videos.

2 Likes

I’m sure my tastes aren’t everyone’s taste … but I am a bit obsessed with Bernadette Banner and Kathy Hay. They re-create Victorian Fashions … lots of hand sewing and old sewing machines :slight_smile: They are calming … so calming I have fallen asleep watching them lmao. Takes me a couple watches to absorb it all. And I have no intention what so ever to make anything vintage :wink:

1 Like

Wow! You guys really don’t know how to video thread :laughing:

Here’s a cool video I stumbled on awhile back. These two guys dig out “The Survival Temple Secret Underground House Water Slide To Swimming Pool” in the jungle with nothing but a hand tool.

5 Likes

I’m not responsible for any nightmares or flashbacks this video may cause :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I watch them all the time! :slight_smile:

In case you ever wondered :wink:

4 Likes

Kool, you win with Circle World

Because of that crazy robot steampunk band I like, I tend to get inundated with kid videos. This is a blast from the past that popped up. Love these guys. Might have to explain what that ringing thing is though to some here… :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m just going to leave this right here. I just stumbled on it :stuck_out_tongue:

How she keeps a straight face is beyond me.

Abode and Detriot Lines are the best.

5 Likes

There goes the ancient alien theory…

George W. Washington and the Detroit Lines :laughing:

Oh dear … the flood gates have been opened.

:smiley: Right up there with “I added a line”

:rofl: