Goin' Down That YouTube Rabbit Hole

Not that I’d be one to perpetuate the stereotype, but speaking directly to production value, the fact she’s as pretty as she is really completes the effect. Certainly no knock on her; she’s obviously a comedic genius, with graphic designers as her chosen audience. That in itself is a rare beauty no face can convey.

1 Like

Pretty never hurts :wink:

1 Like

Went on YouTube to get some music going, ended up watching this:

2 Likes

This is an advertisement for a Japanese computer brand called “Mouse:”

4 Likes

I really don’t even know how I landed on this. But, I am not mad :wink:

** Warning … there is no sound on this video so don’t turn it up … because at the very end there is and it near gave me a heart attack :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Talking about castings …

That would make an unusual piece of modern art.

3 Likes

:laughing:
Have actually seen both of these videos on my own YT rabbit hole descents at some point!

Got $92,000 laying around? If you do … this can be all yours :wink:

1 Like

His boy Elroy…

2 Likes

Thanks for the earworm. :woozy_face:

1 Like

I really want one of those.

1 Like

If I was rich … oh yeah … I’d have one

:grin:

It will be interesting to see what sort of laws and restrictions pop up with regards to this type of craft. How cool would it be to hop in one of those to run to the grocery store for a few items? Can you fly over other people’s property to fly a direct line? Do you have to fly over public roads? If you’re landing the craft in a parking lot, are the rotors going to blow pebbles or small rocks that would be a hazard to pedestrians and the paint jobs of cars in the parking lot? Are local, state, and federal parks going to be awash in the buzz of drones? I’m not a fan of the nanny state by any stretch of the imagination, but neither do I want my neighbor flying this (or any drone for that matter) over my house. That said, yeah, this would be cool to have.

From what I have read so far it doesn’t go overly high and can’t go very far. It’s good for about 20 miles at a minimal speed and 12 miles at top speed of 67mph. It won’t require a pilot’s license and the craft doesn’t require any special certification. Flyers have to follow the rules for ultralight craft - no flying at night or in densely populated areas or near airports.

I think it will be treated like an ATV of sorts. Out in the open in someone’s field or something similar.

1 Like

As RKK mentioned, I suspect they’ll be treated as ATVs of sorts, at least until they become popular or fly higher and warrant additional regulations. Considering the high price tag, I’m guessing they won’t be very common anytime soon and will, um, fly under the radar of regulators.

Drones were treated similarly for a while until they became popular, and it became evident that they presented unique challenges that required additional regulation. No special permits were needed to operate drones, but the FAA subsequently imposed restrictions requiring permits and testing.

We are going to need houses with flat roofs.

This is insane.

4 Likes

I wish they could change my tires that fast at Walmart!

lol :grin:

2 Likes

Probably sound like kind of a jerk, but the left-front and right-rear gunners were a tad late finishing up.

F1 is my favorite sport, and surely the pits stops are one of the few things I’d call amazing, but Ferrari touting this as “perfection” is a bit ambitious. They do need quick stops though, considering how often and how badly they screw up race strategy. :grin:

To be fair, that looks like Michael Schumacher…probably 1999; some time before sub-2.5 sec. stops became “normal”.

I wouldn’t want to be the guy standing right in front of the race car hoping it doesn’t overshoot its stopping spot.