Goin' Down That YouTube Rabbit Hole

Yeah, hitting those marks is a critical part of the driver’s job. It’s much easier and safer now than it used to be when there was no pit lane speed limit, and the driver was effectively still “racing” on the approach to the stall. Interestingly perhaps, now the more dangerous aspect of the front jackperson’s job is escaping the car’s trajectory on the re-launch. Notice how they redesigned the front jack in the early 1990’s to swivel aside (0:35 in the clip) after lifting the car to give the operator a big head start on that escape.

4 Likes

Ronnie is fav snooker player of all time. An absolute genius.

1 Like

I take it these are all clips from a lot of matches? I don’t know much about Snooker … but I take it those are great shots :wink:

I know nothing about snooker or Ronnie O’Sullivan. It was just one of these moments when YouTube said, “hey, want to watch this?” and I was like “sure, why not?”

Agreed. Other players will try this and sometimes get lucky. As the video shows, Ronnie O’Sullivan does it all the time.

I’ve heard of snooker, but don’t know the rules. I’m not sure how much it’s played here in the states. It’s amazing that someone can bounce a ball around with such precision. It almost seems impossible.

It’s much harder than it looks. The angle of the camera makes there table look shorter. If you see side on it’s much larger.

Ronnie had a stint in the states going up against billiards players. But bizarrely the billiards players were sometimes much better.

It’s quite frightening how good people get

I wouldn’t say it looks easy at all.

I wish the title card didn’t show the finished product. It was quite something to see it take shape not knowing what the finished piece was going to look like.

1 Like

That’s a real work of art! Wow … those feathers!!! :flushed:

This was a little rabbit trail I traveled down the other night. Not too far out of the realm though since I love bookbinding :wink:

1 Like
3 Likes

I stumbled on some OTR oringinals and remakes. This one is great. A remake of the 1941 classic by Orson Welles :slight_smile: Nothing to watch … but great to listen to while playing Mahjongg or Solitaire or the like :wink:

and more :wink:

1 Like

Erv the Woodturner

I could listen to this Craftsman for hours. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That was nice. It’s fascinating to watch a craftsman work – no matter what the craft is.

1 Like

You guys know about The Repair Shop, right? IDK if you can get it where you are.

[EDIT] Oh apparently it’s coming to Netflix;

2 Likes

No, never watched it. I think it’s on Discovery. I’ll have to check it out :slight_smile:

Yep also coming to Discovery;

1 Like

I watched every episode of The Repair Shop last year on, I think, Netflix. I’m not sure why, but it’s interesting and calming to watch craftsmen (and women) repair old things and get them working again.

If there’s a new season and if it’s only available on Discovery in the U.S., I won’t be watching it. I’ve called a halt to adding more monthly subscriptions to my credit card.

1 Like
2 Likes