Goin' Down That YouTube Rabbit Hole

Whilst looking for more of the bookmaking videos I love so much, I stumbled upon this old beauty. I thought others may find it just as interesting.

The Hickok Pen Ruler for making lines for ledgers, index cards etc.

6 Likes

That is awesome. Very cool find RKK thanks for sharing.

1 Like

A pumpkin growing from a seedling to a monster

3 Likes

I’ve seen old ledger books in museums. It never occurred to me to wonder how the lines were drawn.

1 Like

I saw this in the news today. It’s a new concert venue in Las Vegas. Even by Las Vegas standards, this huge building is crazy. It’s completely covered with LEDs inside and out. Apparently, U2 will open the venue with a series of concerts in about three months.

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool, but “grouchy old man” me wonders how much that cost and how much energy that uses on a daily basis. It just seems wasteful. But then again I suppose the same could be said about any other large manmade structure.

1 Like

The entirety of Las Vegas could probably fit into the wasteful category. :thinking: :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

I thought prices would be through the roof for a place like this so I had to look it up. They are from $140.13 - $501.35. That’s pretty cheap by today’s ticket prices.

This article says it cost $2.3 Billion to build. Billion. Crazy. I mean, once again, it looks great, but holy cow.

1 Like

I am stunned! I have never heard an Accordion sound like this. It’s like a church organ! :flushed:

2 Likes
  1. That’s some impressive accordion playing.

2. How funny.

1 Like

I thought so too! :smiley: I knew I heard it played on an organ somewhere before :wink:

1 Like

The sound designer in me is thinking how to make it sound more like a church organ, and other than a bucket load of reverb, there is no difference that I can see.

Also, an impressive performance. I’ve seen that piece played many times on a church organ and I’ve rarely heard anyone do it better.

1 Like

How have I not seen this until now??? :rofl:

1 Like

My now wife, then girlfriend had some of those back in the 80s. They were Laura Ashley if I remember correctly.

Anyway, it sort of reminded me of this…

1 Like

Oh, heck yes!

3 Likes

If I ever get pulled over (again), I hope the cop is as cool as Frank.

1 Like