Graphic Designer CD Cover Game

5 Likes

The original type said “Beretta 21A Bobcat,” so I cheated a bit by shortening it. Sometimes, the photo carries the whole thing. What’s going on with this woman anyway?

6 Likes

Oh my … Granny has seen some better days :wink:

That’s no granny. It’s a creative director in her prime.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I felt, um, inspired.

Here was the source image

original-image

5 Likes

Your design is simply oozing with a powerful richness, beauty, and subtlety. Placing the woman upsidedown in defiance of gravity is a nice touch.

2 Likes

OMG…You should really go into the design business Craig … that is fantastic!

chefkiss

Her fringe defies gravity … I like it!

:grin:

Ha. It was oddly fun working on it. I discovered a few other fun details. The original seal, and my recreation are not perfect circles. They are both a little wider than they are tall. I also like how the inner circle and outer circle are different shades of blue.

1 Like

I never noticed the two shades of blue … even better! :grin:

No doubt symbolic of the tension between American flamenco, the church, and the dude in the chair. Brilliant. :clap:

Kind of amazed how the band, album, and art worked together on this one. I swear I didn’t cheat.

5 Likes

Great image draw.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. Here’s the original.

small

3 Likes

Geech, the three items play off of each other perfectly. You even have two newspaperish lines of type plus an image that relates to a republic. On top of that, the artwork itself is good-looking, as is the way you put it all together. Nice!

2 Likes

One last cover for the morning. Now, I need to get to client work.

4 Likes

Good stuff there Steve! I love that mural :slight_smile:

1 Like

7 Likes