Hello, designers! I joined so I could help

I recently joined the forum.

I have been self-employed for 15 years. I have 20 years of experience in logo design, print design, and web design and development. I remember when Photoshop didn’t have layers (gasp!) and learned HTML back in college, when people were just starting to build websites. :slight_smile: My business is Gratzer Graphics LLC.

I recently started podcasting—which I was quite fearful of—but not for my client-based audience. Instead, my audience is aspiring designers, so I can share my experience and act as a design mentor/coach of sorts. You can listen to or read the episodes at http://creative-boost.com/podcast

2 Likes

I remember photoshop without layers too. If you started 20 years ago, then you were using an older version. The first version with layers was released almost 24 years ago.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you, DZ! I appreciate that. I graduated in 97 but studied in college from 93-97, so yeah.

1 Like

I just started listening to your podcast today - it’s great! So helpful and informative. The Pantone colour piece in the logo design episode is fantastic. I was out for a run as I was listening to it so I had to come home and listen to it again to write it all down! Thank you so much for this. It’s a huge help!

1 Like

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much!!! I literally just teared up reading this. <3

1 Like

Not at all - thank YOU. My teachers in college (14 years ago) never really covered this topic and I’ve predominantly been a digital designer since then. I doubt I’m alone in this so it’s a great help to learn about it in such a concise format. Also, I’ve recently ‘gone out on my own’ and turned to the freelance side full-time so your podcast is a huge encouragement to show what can be done if you’re savvy. Thanks again! I’ve recommended it to my other designer friends too by the way.

1 Like

Wow, how did I miss this awesome resource?

Creativeboost, thank you for sharing such good information.

Mushrooms, thank you for calling it out.

Really good stuff. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s great! There are a few design podcasts that are a bit too general but this one focuses on very relevant topics.

1 Like

I appreciate your feedback! :slight_smile:

Thanks Doc!

I looked at your website portfolio, and some of the stuff you designed looks great!

2 Likes

Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: RedWung