Hello From Florida

Hey everyone, my name is Barry. I’m a semi retired veteran and a very new graphic designer. I have about three months experience. I design and create using Photoshop. Wanted to join the forum to learn and gain new knowledge and helpful insights into the world of graphic design from the creative pros here.

Lately I have been trying to advance my skills with mask layers, colors and adjustments.

I’m here to learn, so you might see a stupid question from me in one of the threads later. Go easy on me please ha ha.

Thanks,
Barry

Link Removed

Welcome Aboard :slight_smile:

I removed that link since all it was showing is how to hire you :wink:

No one here is going to hire you … It’s full of Graphic Designers. If you want to offer services, feel free to check out our classifieds section and contact those who are looking for a Graphic Designer.

While Photoshop is a wonderful tool, it’s only a small portion of what a Graphic Designer needs to know. Especially since I noticed you are offering logo services. Photoshop is raster based software used for photo editing. Not logo design. You need a vector based program for logos and that would be Illustrator. It’s is the industry standard.
You also need to think about InDesign. Again the industry standard. This covers desktop publishing. It’s used for the layout of newspapers, magazines, books, posters and flyers. InDesign should be used for anything with large amounts of text.

Good luck with everything :slight_smile:

Welcome, Barry. Thank you for your service to our country.

2 Likes

I’ll echo Steve’s comment. Thanks for your service.

I will say that wanting to be a designer and learning Photoshop, as @RedKittieKat mentioned is just scraping the surface of being a designer.

1 Like