Hello, from Inkbot Design in Belfast :)

Hey, Stuart here from Inkbot Design

Happy to help with any questions designers may have on any topics!

Welcome!

First things first, let’s get you outfitted with a nice visual identity.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Stuart. I’m glad you found us.

1 Like

Attention to detail matters.
InkBOT
not blot

1 Like

It’s called an upgrade. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for the effort, my first logo was incredibly similar.

Adding an L and a little splatter really makes it sing, you must admit.

1 Like

… or does it just become all a bit cliché?

1 Like

Where some see cliché others see classic!

1 Like

I stuck with the classic simple approach :wink:

Inkbot-Design-Logo

1 Like

I disagree. If it were simple I’d know what an inkbot is. Of course, I know what ink is, and I know what a bot is, but it’s not simple to combine these concepts into a meaningful whole, and particularly not meaningful in relation to graphic design.

My design is highly intuitive and offers the impression of free dynamic creativity, sure to inspire confidence in the potential client, and is quite memorable, if I may say so myself. It is on-brand and on target to business success!

Putting on my moderator hat for a moment…

Seems a bit presumptuous to think Inkbotdesign wants a redo of his logo. This isn’t the Crit Pit part of the forum.

I suppose it’s all in good fun, but if this were a party and a new guest arrived, would it be appropriate to immediately begin criticizing the new guest’s clothes?

2 Likes

For goodness sake. This guy arrives here and introduces himself, only to receive an unsolicited, (and arguably somewhat crass, not to mention incorrectly-named) spurious rebrand of his company. If that wasn’t unwelcoming enough, it is then followed by an explanation / opinion of why you don’t agree with his name. Frankly, it’s none of anyone’s business to proffer such opinion, unbidden.

Inkbot, I hope you stick around, despite the less than friendly initial impressions you must have taken from this.

2 Likes

Ah, I see you posted as I was writing. I know I have no mod authority to do so, but I felt particularly aggrieved on behalf of inkbot. Glad I’m not the only one.

2 Likes

Rather, it’s like if someone showed up naked and I generously offered them clothes after welcoming them. He then put on his own clothes and commented that they were “simple”. I disagreed and explained why. It would be interesting if he explained his choices, wouldn’t it? He began by inviting questions on any topic, after all.

1 Like

Might wanna put the shovel aside for a post or two.

3 Likes

It’s all good. I’ve got 20 years of industry experience so made of thicker skin :slight_smile:

Just here to try and help junior designers grow and learn.

2 Likes

Welcome Aboard! :slight_smile:

1 Like

©2021 Graphic Design Forum | Contact | Legal | Twitter | Facebook