Hello from London 🇬🇧

My name is Giuseppe and I am a graphic designer based in London. I have around 8 years of experience in between agencies and in-house and now started a new phase of my professional life focusing on creative management.

I studied more “traditional” graphic design (editorial, branding and adverts) and now moved into websites, UI/UX and digital advertising.

I don’t know a wide network of designers or have many designer friends, so when I found this forum I loved it straight away!

Besides work I am into cooking, cycling and watching movies. I’ve been living in London for the past 6 years and I am originally from Sicily.

4 Likes

Hi, Giuseppe. Welcome to the forum. It’s always great when another professional in the field joins up. It’s a long 3-day holiday weekend here in the U.S., so the forum will probably be a bit slow until Tuesday.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!!! :slight_smile:

Hello Giuseppe. Welcome to GDF.

Welcome :slight_smile: how have you found living in London up till now?

1 Like

@LandOfFae thank you!

London is a bit crazy. It can be exciting at time and isolating at other times. There are plenty of opportunities here although is very competitive and everything moves extremely fast.

After almost 7 years here I ended up losing a bit of my identity and I am not not entirely british nor Italian - just a mix of many things. I think this is a very common thing here with many people here from all around the world. It’s not for everyone but I personally like it.

I would say it can be heaven and it can be hell, the only thing to do is keep going :slight_smile:

I know what you mean, you feel like you’ve left an old you behind and are getting used to the new you. I would love to go to London and actually live there, been there two times and I loved everything about it especially how nice the strangers were. I moved from the netherlands to belgium about 2 years ago and I lost a part of myself which means I can never actually go back. But I have not become belgian either. It is really hard to get used to a country where almost everything seems like is slower than in your own country.

I’m glad to hear things have turned out well for you though, I’d say don’t worry too much about identity either :smiley: you’re just evolving.