Hello, I'm Jenny

My name is Jenny and I want to be a graphic designer. I’m in my mid-20’s working in a job that I dislike and I occasionally daydream all the things I should have done when I was younger to do what I would love to do today. I wrestle with whether or not I should go back to school and restart again with another degree.

I don’t feel like I have any fundamental skills; I sort of hinge on what I think looks good and what I see others do. My current goal is to learn typography and type designing. I hope this forum can help me in any way so I want to at least introduce myself.

These are some of the things I’ve worked on:

3 Likes

Hey Jenny! :slight_smile:

Welcome Aboard!

There are lots of folks who have been around the block a few times on here. Everyone is very generous with their experienced advice.

I also like that fruit and flower pattern quite a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with Red, the pattern is quite nice. Welcome!

1 Like

I really love the tropical citrus floral pattern and can easily envision it printed on fabric Very nice!

As for wishing you had made other choices when you were younger, one’s mid-20s is hardly old. You still have plenty of time to do whatever you want, but the longer you wait…

1 Like

Hi Jenny! I feel like I am in the same position you are just a bit older. Nice work! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am not impartial to the citrus pattern. As for the logo, you might want to work on the typography a little. I read ESTD Organic 2018.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the welcome and kind words! I actually went straight to work after this post so I wasn’t able to respond. The citrus pattern came after months of writing, “Learn how to make seamless patterns,” on my to-do list. I finally learned how to do it after watching a Youtube video and I was sooo happy. :smiley:

2 Likes

Of course, I’m glad you are here, and I hope we are inspired by the work posted to the Graphic Design Forum!

jechau, welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Love the pattern. You’re still young, you have some raw talent and could def go back to school. Check if there are any legit trade schools in your area that offer graphic design if you don’t want to do another degree. Also talk to people in your area who hire designers. Check if they require a degree for employment.

1 Like