Hello out there! ♥♥

Hi, I’m calebninja.

I was on the old forum for a couple of years or so and now I have successfully migrated to the new forum.

I am an in-house designer in a small marketing department for a niche B2B industry. This is my first design job out of college and I have been in my role for three years. Being the only designer for the company I work for I get to do it all. Web design, email campaigns, videos, brochures and even designed a trade-show display. But, with this comes not being able to grow from another designer or received feedback from other designers.

I can’t really say what realm of design I gravitate towards most. I used to love to draw when I was younger and thought that’s what I wanted to do the rest of my life. Over the years though, my love for drawing has faded and I find myself unable to focus when I sit down to draw.

I really enjoy the discussion here at GDF compared to other design communities. Some may consider GDF to be too doom and gloom, but I consider it honest and valuable. I am not a fan of communities that praise logofolios and minimalist illustrations that have no intended audience.

Anyway, good to see everyone adjusting to the new forum. I’m going to have to get used to PD’s new avatar (I miss the cat!!)

6 Likes

Welcome back Calebninja!! :slight_smile: :+1::bacon::taco::purple_heart:

1 Like

Don’t get used to that photo. That’s just a temp image. I couldn’t find my cat photo and have to make a new one.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Aww I remember sad kitty :heart:

dca532cb9dd898f187870a962081ed07--sad-kitty-sad-cat

3 Likes

Tea. Haven’t participated much at the old forum site in a while but good to see a new and improved site.

I teach art and graphic design in high school and usually send one or two kids off to a post secondary institution to really learn the art. But this is where I came to for advice when I first started teaching GD to them as my skill set with Adobe was limited and needed to organize the content of what I teach. I’m far from an expert but I know enough to give the kids a good taste of what the career might entail and occasionally a student comes back and shares that they knew much more than the rest of their class. Thanks to the good people here for helping me help them!

I also do my own artwork, an advocate for the arts, and am the board chair for a local art center.

7 Likes

Tea!!! So good to see you my darlin :smiley: :heart::heart:

1 Like

RKK- ((((((Hugs Back)))))) Cuz I know ya.

I’m balou. Was balou on old forum but hadn’t been around for a while. Oh the fun we had! Like the new look!

I’ve been in graphic design for quite a few years. Freelanced for a while, worked for a printer for a while, now working for a fun company designing seasonal decorations and decor. I’ve also taken up painting because I apparently need even more creative outlets!

Hope I find more time to pop in here than I have in the past.

6 Likes

balou!!! Hey sweet lady!!! :heart::heart::heart: Welcome to our new humble abode :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Made it! Used to be bulgariacalling at the old house. But y’all know me!!

5 Likes

Whoo hoo!! Welcome back Tea and Balou! So glad you found our “new digs”.

3 Likes

((((Chris)))) Welcome back bud! :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you sweetheart!!

2 Likes

Some call me Kem, some call me Kermie, I was kemingMatters on the old forum, same name, same Canuck. Shortly before this move, I pivoted into UX/UI design was going to share on the old forum but hadn’t got around to it. I’m still doing a little graphic design on the side.

4 Likes

Kermie!!! * * * * * * * *tackle hugs!!! * * * * * * * :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Hiya, I’ve been lurking more than participating lately, partially because the old forum broke a lot when I tried to participate and partially because works been crazy so I’m not idle as often. This forum works on my phone so I’m predicting I’ll be around more when I’m on the train

1 Like

Sounds like a plan Kermie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kem … good to see you!

2 Likes

Good to see you too Chris!

1 Like

Glad you’re here keming!

2 Likes

Hi!!!

I’m 100% new. I stumbled on the old forum and signed up yesterday. Super exciting about find this design community!

2 Likes