Hey guys

Welcome to the forum Beckasso. Your first post is very thought-provoking.

I don’t really have a life philosophy. I don’t think I’ve ever considered such a thing.

I approach design projects from the viewpoint of addressing whatever problems clients might have that caused them to hire me. I don’t view my role as someone who necessarily does what clients want, however. Instead, I view my role as developing solutions that clients need. Taking that approach means digging deeper to find underlying problems that need to be solved and, when necessary, convincing clients that what they initially wanted might not be the right approach.

As for my own personality entering into my work, I think it’s unavoidable. I don’t consciously have my own style, but other people tell me they recognize my work. There are both objective and subjective considerations in every design problem. When I develop and evaluate those subjective considerations, I need to rely on my own judgment, experiences and preferences, so I suppose that’s where any personal style I might have comes into play.

1 Like