Hi, I'm in Delaware

New to the forum and happy to be here! Thank you in advance for helping me along.

I studied digital publishing & print design at a technical school for 3 years of high school, then two more years at university in San Francisco. I went on a 5 year hiatus, partially because my laptop was stolen from my car and because I wasn’t very hopeful that I’d ever find work I enjoyed.

But lo and behold! Universe provides. Someone gave me a free 2005 Mac Book and I installed CS5 and ended up designing and formatting 3 published books on it for a friend. Now, I kind of get paid to do it from some people, and volunteer for others. A couple days ago another friend gave me a free Mac Book Pro 2010 edition, which feels like a gift from heaven. I’m typing and the letters are actually showing up in real time.

Most of my work is for a small printing press based in the US, designing books & marketing materials. But yes, I have been living under a rock. I do not read magazines, I kind of turned a blind eye (for good reason) to the saturated world of design and marketing, and now there’s a lot of things that I want to be caught up on, and of course, broaden my skills with creative suite.

Great to be here!

Rachel

2 Likes

Hiya Rachel! Welcome to the forum. We are here to help any way we can :heart:

welcom2

Thanks for the story, Rachel. Welcome to the forum. :grinning:

Hi Rachel, it’s nice to meet you!

Welcome… Appreciate your efforts…

Thank for for the warm welcome.