Hi, i'm new

Hi, I’m from Poland and I really wanna learn graphics, I choose Inkscape, is it good choice?

Welcome Aboard! :slight_smile:

I personally don’t know much about Inkscape. The industry standard, love 'em or not, is Adobe software. (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)

Good luck with everything :slight_smile:

Perhaps you can find out what is the industry standard in your particular location. I agree with @RedKittieKat that the Adobe software is the standard in North America, but I do not know enough about the situation in Poland.

If you’re looking for a free vector drawing program, I suppose Inkscape is probably the best one out there. Others have already mentioned the Adobe programs as being the standard. There’s also the Affinity programs which are pretty good, but lots cheaper than Adobe’s offerings.

As for learning graphic design, that’s a different subject. A drawing program, like Inkscape, is just that — a drawing program. Learning how to use a tool doesn’t make anyone an expert on what that tool is meant to create.

Are you familiar with the difference between the various software programs used by graphic designers? Inkscape is a vector drawing program (similar to Adobe Illustrator). Equally important and used for different purposes are layout programs, like Adobe inDesign and photo editing programs, like Adobe Photoshop (or GIMP, if you’re looking for free).

Much depends on what your objectives are. If you’re just experimenting and wanting to learn how to use Inkscape to do some things, great. If you’re more serious and thinking about doing this kind of thing professionally, a formal education is probably best.