How do I remove this?

Hey, I want to know how can I remove the centigrade and plus sign which are present in the below screenshot in Adobe Illustrator.

It depends on how it’s constructed. Is it a placed image - is it vector?

How do the layers look, are any of the layers locked?

What’s the issue with selecting them and deleting?

Can you elaborate?

2 Likes

Yes it is created in Adobe Illustrator therefore it is vector. All the layers are unlock. I am unable to select them.

Without a lot more detail, you’re leaving us here to trial-and-error guessing.

The fact that it is in Illustrator does not mean it’s vector.

The plus signs are overset text indicators. If there are actual area text frames there (as opposed to an image of them), to get rid of the plus signs, you’d have to cure the overset condition.

You can’t select . . . anything? What happens when you try?

Layers aren’t locked? What about objects?

Have you considered it may all be contained within one or more clipping paths?

Another screenshot with the Layers panel in view, all sublayers showing, might help eliminate some of the guesswork.

1 Like

https://imgur.com/dzwRzyB
Here, this is the video sample which shows that all layers are unlocked and I am unable to select degree values.

you’d have to cure the overset condition.

In other words I have to recreate the text box?

You have to have less text in the text box.
I’ve often found that overset text is usually just a bunch of returns at the end of a paragraph. Or just a bunch of crap text that was left there but not meant to be seen. You just have to select it and delete it.

Have you tried Menu Object>Unlock All?
Have you tried the direct select (white) arrow? Double clicking should bring it into isolation mode where you can use the text tool to remove the unwanted junk (you may have to extend the text box to see it.)

1 Like

Well, you had already established that all the layers were unlocked and you were unable to select, so no new information there. Didn’t really need you to prove it. Still:

Not necessarily. Overset just means there’s more text than the frame can display at its current size (IOW, the text ‘overruns’ the frame—the frame is too small, or the text is too big).

1 Like

That’s not true. You can insert raster images into Illustrator - that’s why I asked.

1 Like

Yes - the plus signs could indicate overset text.
In my initial observations I thought it was part of the artwork.

For overset text - expand the text frame until the overset text indication disappears.
Fix the text correctly - and then fix the size of the text frame.

What do you means by expand the text frame until the overset text indication disappears?

I’ve often found that overset text is usually just a bunch of returns at the end of a paragraph. Or just a bunch of crap text that was left there but not meant to be seen. You just have to select it and delete it.

So in other words, I have to create a new text box then paste text on it?

No.
You just have to extend the existing text box momentarily, remove the crap by selecting it (it may be invisible line returns,) then put it back to the same size it was before.

1 Like

https://imgur.com/36LyMwT
I have tried, but there is no success. What I have to do now?

Uhm, try expanding it vertically?

Come on.

1 Like

Just delete it and start over. You’ve already spent too much time on it.

Seriously removing overset text is a very simple thing to do.

1 Like

Yeah, I know I can recreate it, I just want to know the solution and what causes this issue.

I have tried expanding vertically, still the issue is the same.

It’s caused by overset text as has been mentioned. If you select from the top menu Type/Show Hidden Characters you can see what is most likely causing it which is (possibly) additional hard or soft returns.

1 Like

I have selected the Show Hidden Character, this is the output. Somehow I got more irregular stuff.