How's your weather?

Three days ago, we woke up to an inch of snow in our yard. Today, it’s feeling like it might hit 80° F. I love spring weather.

1 Like

Typical middle of Spring for North Texas. I’m just thankful that it will be partly cloudy.

1 Like

Winter returns for its last gasp of the year (I hope) at our house.

1 Like

Looks like you have a nicely landscaped yard under the snow.

It just doesn’t want to let go this year :flushed:

I’m kinda wondering what just happened to Spring.
It’s 85°F here and about 80% humidity. In May.
It’s shocking to my system I tell you (lives for 45-60° weather.)
I don’t have the ACs in and it’s too darn hot/yuck to do it.

2 Likes

We broke 90° today. I am not very happy about it either. The humidity is like soup! We don’t have our AC’s in yet either.

That may have to change tomorrow.

This is too much for me in May! :frowning:

I would happily go about my life if it never got above 75 :wink: 90 is just brutal on my old self.

1 Like

I haven’t been outside all day. We’ve had rain, storms, and strong thunderstorms all day. Going into withdrawal from not riding my bike. I need that endorphin release.

You guys are making me extra thankful for central AC (even though I don’t think it has run at all today with the cloud cover and storms). It’s pretty much a requirement in my neck of the woods. Here’s hoping you get a break in the weather to get your ACs up and running.

1 Like

Yesterday morning when I woke up, there were snowflakes falling from the sky. Luckily, I covered up the tomatoes I had transplanted into the garden a couple of days earlier. Later this next week, the forecast is for the low 90s F.

Once June arrives, there will be no cool weather until late September. I’ll always take summer over winter, though.

1 Like

Talking about the weather and you all from the northeast getting caught without your ACs in, we actually turned the furnace on last night. Pretty unusual to have to run the furnace in late May around here.

1 Like

It’s bizarre weather for sure. Any guesses what our temp is right now?

62°

:flushed:

They don’t expect it to go above 70 today or the next several days.

I’m getting whiplash from the temps! :rofl:

Needless to say we had to put the AC in yesterday morning because they were predicting more 90° days. It was indeed 94° yesterday. Then we got hit with a storm last night ( I think the remnants of what happened in Ontario worked it’s way down here) that brought a cold front in. The weather folks all seemed surprised in the shift as were we … since today the AC is off LOL … but that’s ok too. Saves on the power bill :stuck_out_tongue: But, now we are ready to go for the next Mother Nature decides to flambe’ us :wink:

Yeah, we got that T-storm too, but by the time it got to us it was a fizzle. Was really hoping for some lightning fireworks. Some rain woulda been nice too, but my car didn’t even get wet under the trees.
At least the breeze was much cooler and it was early enough to have all the doors and windows open. Cooled off nice.

Weather folks that are suprised by change in temp after front moves through need to find a new line of business, LOL.

1 Like

LOL … indeed they do :wink:

Our storm was fast and furious. The winds picked up to very strong gusting … then the rain hit and came down really hard. Then it was gone. We never got any thunder or light show.

That was the part I was looking forward too :stuck_out_tongue:

We had a bit of nice lightning, but the thunder was all wussy and grumbly instead of the cool creaack-booms that send the cats tearing for the cellar (poor kitties.) They both just sat in the bay window watching this one blow thru, LOL, that’s how tame it was.

1 Like

This back-and-forth weather is nuts. Three days ago, the thermometer outside got up to 93° F. Right now, slushy snowflakes are falling, and the thermometer reads 39° I’ll need to trudge out to the garden in the mud and cover up the plants again. Geech, it’s supposed to be the start of summer.

1 Like

This is one of the oddest Springs I can remember for some time.

I can’t even imagine seeing snow right now. However, the roller-coaster temps continues. 50 to 90 without batting an eye. :flushed:

Aaaggghhh!

1 Like

shook

Just hit 91°

:flushed:

And tomorrow it’s supposed to drop back to low 70’s the rest of the week.

We’re about the same. 90 today then cooling off a bit. The 90 doesn’t bother me too much.

1 Like