How's your weather?

I’m at the yellow dot. Ended up with about 5.5", but we live at the base of a mountain, and the town at the top (only about a mile away in a straight line) got 11".

I’m somewhere under the tip of that arrow and we got about 12-18 with deeper drifts in the wind drops. I have about 2 feet on the back side of the house where the wind whips it up over the top of the roof and dumps it.

I have seen the Aurora Borealis. They’re the most beautiful things imaginable and most definitely a worthy bucket list item.

Have you visited the Taj Mahal? That’s also on my list of things yet to see.

Well … all in all we got about a foot and the higher elevations got about 2 feet. It’s warmed up considerable and all melting off fairly well. Anddd it’s flurrying again lmao :smiley:

Pics Here :slight_smile:

Oh yes, too many times to count. It’s just 200 km from Delhi, so an easy weekend trip.
The Taj is really pretty and a must-see if you come to India, but if you are interested in Mughal architecture, then there are several others places equally worth seeing like the Jama Masjid (photo below) and the Red Fort and Fatehpur Sikri…

2 Likes

:flushed::flushed::flushed: That’s Gorgeous schweta!! :slight_smile:

Isn’t it? And this is just one part of the complex.
It was built in the 17th century by the same emperor who built the Taj Mahal.

1 Like

Live in the souther hemisphere and it’s sweltering hot here right now!!!

1 Like

Sitting here waiting for yet another Nor’easter to blow through. Whee. Stop. I’m having waaay too much fun. Not.

Expecting upwards from a foot of snow so working from home tomorrow…while warming my toehooties in front of the woodstove…and drinking my coffee…and maybe, after a while, thinking about starting the snowblower and doing the driveway. Later. Much later.

1 Like

They said anywhere from 4’’ to a foot depending on where in NY you are … let’s just say it started coming down about an hour ago and it’s really coming down. Not even going to bother to look out again until it gets light lol … For now I’m going to pretend Spring really is only a few days away lol :smiley:

The birds at my birdfeeder are telling me this isn’t going to be a bad storm. If it were, they’d be hunkered down elsewhere.

1 Like

Just a whole lot of icy rain down here. Flurried for a while but didn’t really stick to much more than grassy knolls and mailboxes. Of course, that North wind hasn’t cranked up yet, so I am looking forward to slip sliding my way home later.

1 Like

It’s been snowing for nearly 24 hours, but it’s not sticking here either. The temp must be just right … it’s more like thick rain. Let hope it stays that way :wink: It’s just odd to see no accumulation. I’m NOT complaining though! LOL :smiley:

Well, the birds didn’t seem to care but we still have about 16" of new snow.
And they say another Nor’easter is on the way for next Wednesday. Hopefully rain. Though I can’t say I’d want a cyclone’s worth of rain unless some of this snow melts off the roof. Thought maybe this was going to be the first year in a while that I haven’t had to go up there.

1 Like

2018-03-14%2014_00_31-Regional%20Forecasts%20-%20Met%20%C3%89ireann%20-%20The%20Irish%20Meteorological%20Service%20Online

This is it basically.

1 Like

So white rain or dark and dreary rain?

2 Likes

Pretty much. :smiley: But the optimism is never lost so you’ll read forecasts like “Largely dry on Monday with sunny spells and just a chance of a few showers. Some thundery blizzard possible with local flooding towards the evening. Mostly a dry day.”

1 Like

I think I’m just done with Winter. I don’t even have to shovel it… but I’m done with it :frowning:

I want my windows open and I want to drive around with those windows open. I want to feel WARM sun lol … any sun will do :wink:

Thankfully we didn’t get much at all. I haven’t even heard about the next one coming … I think I’m trying to block it out LOL :smiley:

Wishing all those in the path of Florence best wishes. It looks to be really bad. My Niece in in NC and her and her family have evacuated to TN.

It’s the biggest one in decades. My worst fear is they will come home to nothing. They are in Shallotte. They are under mandatory evac as with most of the NC,SC coast :frowning:

At least we know they are safe and took what they could.

I wish everyone safety and with any luck … minimal damage :heart::heart:

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/#Florence

4 Likes

soo cold

1 Like