How's your weather?

I feel for you. We were sub degrees the past couple days … it’s a little warmer now. We are up to 15 °

After the last 2 days of sub zero here, 26° feels downright summery!

1 Like

We’re in a pretty typical winter pattern: lots of clouds, some sun (never enough for me), daytime highs for the next 10 days are anywhere from 18 to 42, some rain, some snow . . . bring on spring!

1 Like

Hey. some fun news … it’s freezing rain :smiley:

Woo Hoo! :smiley:

1 Like

giphy

1 Like

LOL :smiley: yep :smiley: … I am staying put :wink:

What a difference a day makes!!! :star_struck:

Feels like Spring!!! :heart::heart::heart:

Yep. We grilled and ate on the deck last night. People are out walking their dogs in shorts. And it’s supposed to be back in the 20s this weekend. Half of the city will be sick from the wild weather chagnes.

It was a beautiful day … but it isn’t doing my sinuses any favors :frowning:

The Barometric swings always kill me … just took another hit of sinus stuff. Already tried hot packing and that did nothing. Sometimes it does help though :wink: If the meds don’t help soon, I will be in a hot and steamy shower for a while. I really don’t suffer from allergy attacks … but when the pressure swings … my face feels like it’s going to implode … fun times :smiley:

It’s a work-from-home day for me. I woke up to a full 18 inches of snow outside the house and unplowed roads in front of it. It’s still coming down and the forecast says more is on the way. I’m surprised the electricity and Internet are still working. Spring, where are you?

1 Like

My city would pretty much shut down over 18" of snow. I suppose architects and engineers in your area have to account for the weight of snow on a roof when designing buildings.

1 Like

We haven’t been getting as much snow as usual the past several years. When we do, though, there are always reports of buildings with their flat roofs collapsing and people on top of their houses with shovels.

We have a pitched roof with some good, sturdy rafters supporting it. Here’s a shot of the studio roof above me. It also makes a good spot to hang our old road bikes (speaking of spring). :smiley:

2 Likes

I got to ride the road bike outside on Sunday. A short 27 miles, then weather dictated that it go back on the trainer. Sure felt good to ride outside.

1 Like

18 inches of snow here is just a Tuesday :wink:

LOL

Anyhoo … that last blast we got is dwindled down significantly. The near 60° days and now rain all day has melted a lot of it. But of course it the temp has dropped like a rock. So it’s bound to be a skating rink before long. That’s worse than 18 inches of snow :wink:

Well… after 24 hours of snow, nearly 13 inches of accumulation here and some areas are nearing the 2 foot mark.
…and it’s still snowing … we are definitely in a Winter Wonderland LOL! :smiley:

They are expecting another 4 to 6 inches before all is said and done.
Snow emergencies are in effect until Wednesday.

1 Like

Well, at least it looks pretty!

1 Like

It’s always lovely when it first snows. Everything coated in powdered sugar :slight_smile: I adore that look.

Beautiful! Would love some good quality snow here in Nashville. We’re in a big basin so by the time it hits us we get very little snow, usually an icy rain/snow mix.

1 Like

I did want some snow to cover the leaves I didn’t rake.
Not quite 18" of it though!

3 Likes

That’s how I feel about it. Our Decembers are a mixed bag. Could be cold and wet, could be moderate and dry. The forecast for the next week is high 40s to low 50s with sun. January and February are usually cold and gray. If it’s going to be cold and gray, I’d just as soon have some snow. That said, after the holidays, I’m ready for warm weather so I can bicycle outside. So, yeah, give me spring; but, if it’s going to be cold, we might as well have snow.

1 Like