How's your weather?

Here we go. :frowning_with_open_mouth: I’m already looking forward to next spring.

1 Like

Fairbanks isn’t at its most dramatic yet, but winter is coming and it’s getting darker…!

1 Like

My view peering outside over my monitor. Starting a new hashtag #fallgasm

2 Likes

We had hard freezes the last two nights at our house — all the delicate plants have frozen. The sun is shining today and melted most of the snow other than what’s on the north side of the house, where there’s still about an inch.

The weekend storm ended the nice fall weather pretty fast. Up the Canyon at Alta and Snowbird (ski resorts), there are about two feet of the white stuff. It feels like winter outside. I just checked, and the thermometer hasn’t reached 40° F all day.

I’m glad I took a 20-mile bicycle ride in last Friday’s 70° F sunshine. It was likely the last ride of the season without cool-weather gear.

1 Like

At the risk of sounding braggy, I have to say that we’ve had a pretty great fall this year. Falls can be short, but we’ve had a run of nice weather, and the color is really looking great. The only down side is that it’s been super dry around here. We’re not in drought, but we could use some rain pretty badly.

We’ve had an unusually warm fall too, until this last weekend when it changed overnight.

As for drought, the rain and snow over the last couple of days is the first precipitation in a month or two. We’ve been in a drought situation for several years now. This past water year (Oct to Oct), Utah averaged just over 13 inches of water. This was a slight improvement over the preceding two years of 9 and 10.5 inches.

The Great Salt Lake is slowly drying up. The shoreline is several miles from where it was a few years ago. From what I’ve read, the Missouri and Mississippi rivers in your area are running at only a fraction of their usual volume.

Yep, Missouri and Mississippi are both way low as are several other rivers that aren’t on the national radar but that are popular recreational rivers in the area. As with the GSL, I’m sure, it’s sad to drive over one and see all of the sand bars that should be well under water.

Today is a wintery Nov. 2 at our house. Yesterday, it was nearly 70° F. I spent a couple of hours with our beagle hiking the trails in the hills behind our neighborhood. I won’t be doing that today.

2 Likes

You are officially the first with the white stuff :wink:

No sign of anything like that here. We have been holding in a 60 degree days for more than a week and seems like that another week in on the horizon :wink:

It’s been snowing off and on all day. I ventured out into the backyard, and we’ve got about 4 inches of the stuff. I just finished suggesting to Mrs. Just-B that we move to San Diego, but she didn’t think too much of the idea. I should insist that she be the one to shovel the driveway from now on. I’m not a fan of winter weather.

2 Likes

I just turned our AC on … in November. It was pretty warm today. We tried opening the windows, but it just got humid in the house since there is rain moving in. Not sure I’ve ever run the AC in November before.

1 Like

We still have two or three inches of snow on the ground with more on the way over the next week. Luckily, ahead of the sudden change in the weather, I got all the outside water shut off, the sprinkler system drained, and the lawn mowed for the last time this year. I have no idea how we’ll get all the leaves raked beneath the snow, but maybe it’ll warm up a little in a week or two.

Right now, I can only imagine AC. Our furnace is going and I have a space heater under my desk. Our outside thermometer says 29° F, which isn’t January temperatures, but it sure feels cold for early November.

1 Like

It got up to 72 today… in … November O.o

It got up to 74 today. Here is what the Weather Service posted a little bit ago. :flushed:

Screenshot 2022-11-07 5.24.58 AM

Blimey

1 Like

Sunny

°C

°F

1 Like

:notes: I get the news I need in the weather report :notes::wink:

1 Like

I know it’s going to get cold eventually … but having to have the fan on in November is throwing me off :wink:

Screenshot 2022-11-12 9.19.10 AM

We’ve had a super nice fall. Today, with basically no transition, it looks and feels like winter. Here’s hoping this will turn around quickly.

1 Like

Last night, the temperatures dipped down into the teens F at our house. I went for a walk around the neighborhood at about 10 pm; it felt like January.

1 Like