I wish my clients knew

I’ll go first.

I wish my clients knew that a quarter page ad doesn’t scale up to a half page ad.

8 Likes

Ohh, I’ll play!

I wish my clients knew …
that a 13 page saddle-stitched booklet defies the laws of physics.

12 Likes

I wish my current client knew that their style guide was written by someone who wouldn’t know an Oxford Comma from an Ox in a Coma.

8 Likes

I wish my clients knew…
that even though I can spend hours working on an image in Photoshop, it might just be better to reshoot or find a new image.

5 Likes

I wish my clients knew that designing something for MS Word or MS PowerPoint is a nightmare. Actually, they probably do know because of the look of death I give them.

5 Likes

I wish my clients knew that taking a photo with their cell phone, then emailing it to themselves, then copy pasting it into Word and sending me the Word doc does not count as original just because they’re the only person who has handled it.

9 Likes

I wish my clients knew
what bleed is.

6 Likes

I wish my clients knew …
that when I ask if A is okay or B is okay, the answer is not yes.

8 Likes

I wish my clients knew . . .
that it’s not ok to make a logo on a template site then send me a screenshot as artwork.

4 Likes

I wish my clients knew…
… that you don’t need to fill every available space in the design with text.

6 Likes

I wish my clients knew…
that I don’t rent out my hands just to implement their awful ideas (well, actually I will when they insist, but I charge twice as much for that).

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I wish my clients knew…
…that their friend/cousin/whatever isn’t a designer based on the fact that “they have Photoshop”

8 Likes

“Bleed? What’s that?”

(did that trigger you too?)

5 Likes

Nah, if they don’t put it in the file I assume they don’t know what it is.
It’s this one:
“None of my other printers ask me to pull bleeds.”
Now that one does make me wonder sometimes…

1 Like

I wish my clients knew how to trust me with what they hired me to do, and not try to ‘help’ with every single detail.

7 Likes

i wish my clients knew that saying “just make it pretty” makes my hair fall out at a faster rate.

3 Likes

Heh…or, that saying “Make it POP!” just prevents it from being amaaaazzing.

1 Like

…what is a postscript font.

I wish my clients knew that whenever they ask me, “Do you think it looks good?” and they are referring to my design I just submitted to them, the answer is always going to be the same.

2 Likes