I'm Ella

The first cat from the OP.

I was just emphasizing the point made on the other thread about communication objectives.

Good point, indeed, DZ.

To build on this topic… designing a photograph includes guiding the eye. Aka composition, as DZ mentioned in a post above.

My eye wants to go right to the focal point, then roam around, appreciating the other parts, but always coming back to the main subject.

Ella, you did good on this cat. You got down to eye level, and you got close in, filling the frame. You’re already ahead of the game.

I saw just a couple of issues.

(1) The background light was brighter than the subject, which is the cat’s face. The background competes and pulls the eye away from the face.
To solve this, you could crop and add a black vignette to darken as much of that brightness as possible.

(2) The nose bothered me, because it looked a bit bloody from the red spots. You could fiddle with the red saturation, maybe make it more pink?

You could also try making it into a black and white image.

Black and white makes it look even more evil.

Notice I said “more evil.” All cats are objectively evil-looking except when they dilate their pupils. And goats get a bad rap. Slit pupils will always look evil compared to round pupils. Mwuhahahahaha!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEvil

:rofl:

It’s like a political attack ad against this cat. “Would you trust this cat?”

–Paid for by PACAC, the Puppies Against Cat Adoption Coalition.

Image removed by poster.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

Now I’m going to have nightmares about this (probably innocent) cat.

It does look like a very nice cat, actually.

Keeping in mind they’re miniature lions. Does that help?

I’m voting Puppies come November.

(Getty Images)

Puppy Populism

1 Like

Hi Doc
Your post was flagged for violating forum rules.

Do not take work posted for critique and redo it. If your critique is difficult to explain in words, a supporting sketch or example to clarify your words is acceptable.

Please review https://www.graphicdesignforum.org/t/forum-rules/852 here.
Thank you,
PanToshi
Forum Mod

1 Like

I see that I broke the rule against redoing others’ work posted for critique, and I apologize for that.

Normally it’s well-received when I do that, and I simply forgot that we have a rule against it here.

I’d like to edit my post, but I don’t see the edit icon. Help?

The edit icon is hidden beneath the … icon. But I went ahead and removed the re-do for you.

1 Like

It’s a photo, isn’t it? surely…