I'm Sonny

What’s up y’all? I’m Sonny.

I’m a freelance graphic designer. I picked up designing from Youtube mainly. Learning Photoshop and Illustrator. Then, I got into video editing as well. At first, I used Sony Vegas, now I switched to Premiere Pro. It is a fun skill to have. When I go travel, I would record the video and turn them into those fancy travel videos you would usually find on Youtube as well.

I have a day job and it pretty much stretches me into all other aspects of content creation and digital marketing. I do copy for the social media posts. Then, I also create landing pages for the website. Since, I’m doing digital marketing, SEO is also a huge part of it. So, I write articles to help rank for specific keywords. Oh boy, I’m doing more than just a designer now eh.

Before I knew it, I am like an in-house digital agency guy. Anything you would hire a digital marketing agency to do for you, I can pretty much cover all of that.

I tried to look for freelance graphic designer in my area to see how they’re doing. Trying to pick up a thing or two from them by assessing their online presence. But, all that I found is just agencies. Those that I manage to find are just on Google maps but they’re not that visible. So, I created a website for my freelance design thingy.

So, yeah. That’s pretty much about me. Nice to be here in this community.

1 Like

Glad to meet you Sonny :slight_smile:

Welcome Aboard … officially :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Sonny. I’m glad you’re here.

I’m curious how you think Vegas compares to Premiere. I used to manage several videographers (I’m don’t do video myself). The Windows guys swore by Vegas for some reason, but the Mac guys were all using Premiere Pro, so I never got a good comparison from someone who had used both.

1 Like

Hi Just-B,

Function wise, they’re both about the same. You can create the same effect0 on both, you just need to know which button is placed where and dexterous with the software enough to do it.

In terms of performance, Vegas has a faster rendering speed than Premiere. Vegas also takes lesser space. So, it’s a powerful and light software that can do pretty much the functions that you need out of video editing software. Cost-wise, it’s an only a one-time payment and you’re good for a lifetime.

On the other hand, Premiere Pro is heavier. It renders slower. It also has a lot of functions that you might not need. But, it does come with a lot of resources such as templates and all that makes editing life so much easier. However, all Adobe software is by subscription now. So, it requires a monthly payment. Whether the video editor gets a client or not, they still need to pay this fee.

I guess that’s why more pushes towards Vegas than Premiere Pro because of the cost. I’m not too sure but that’s just my opinion.

If I’m tight and running on a budget, I’d choose Vegas. If I am a well-to-do agency, then I’ll go for Premiere Pro.

1 Like