It Is I

Hello! I found this forum while digging for a font at work, and I guess I should probably introduce myself. My name is Kat, but I go by Kaegro online and mark my personal work with that name. I’ll update my icon to my personal logo once I get home, but right now I’m just using a generic one I slapped together.

I’m relatively new to the professional field, only having been employed in a design capacity since April of 2018. I do a lot of basic signs and business cards at work, but what really makes my day is logo design (and creature design - my work notes are often littered with little critters, but nobody’s paying me for that [yet]). If the current icon doesn’t give it away, I’ll just say I work at a branch of a print-and-design franchise located in western Montana; there’s only about ten of us across two buildings, so it’s a pretty small operation, but I’ve got to work on some pretty fun projects for some pretty big organizations (my personal favorite has been the Annual Audubon Society Calendar - it made me so sad when they didn’t do it this year because of the pandemic.)

If I had to name one weakness I have design-wise, it’s that I have a strong personal preference for the bright, bold, and loud designs, so I often have to check with an outside source to make sure I’m not going too hard and too extra.

Anyway, I’ll stop talking now and get back to work. Have a nice day everyone.

3 Likes

Hi Kat, aka Kaegro. :grinning:

Welcome to the forum! Western Montana is one of my favorite places in the world (if it weren’t so dang cold in the winter). Missoula or Kalispell, maybe? I’ve seen some of the Audubon calendars — they’ve all been very nice.

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay!

A Kat that hunts for fonts? You’ll fit right in! :smiley_cat:

Ain’t that right, @RedKittieKat?

1 Like

From one Kat to another… Welcome Aboard!

:grin: