Late Announcement... ;)

Hello GDF Crowd! :smiley:

I’ve been roaming around already a bit in the forum, but have not introduced myself properly yet.

I’ve joined this forum, because branding and design are big passions of mine and I want to learn more about graphic design. I’m a guy approaching my 40ies and I’ve been working in marketing for most of my professional life; apart from short stints working for two galleries, a museum, a record label/publishing house, and - to shake things up a little - selling big ass industrial machines. I don’t really have a sound graphic design background, but I’ve been involved in numerous branding projects from FMCG products to industrial equipment (the stuff I later sold as well). So when I am giving my two cents in the threads of this forum, you might hopefully find it valuable most of the time, but at times you might want to take it with a grain of salt.

Anyway, this looks like a fun place and I might stick around for a while! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey OVOAO,

I’ve noticed your participation and found your posts worthwhile . . . for us and you. Your marketing experience could make you a valuable member. These days it’s pretty unusual for someone to sign up here and become a true regular over the time that it takes. People come and go all the time, but I hope you’ll stick around.

I’m new here too - and spotted your postings - read them, no issues with anything, but if I do, I’ll let you know, and tell you that back in my day I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you’d say.

Welcome

Sending out an “official” Welcome Aboard!!
:grin:

Thank you, @HotButton! Yeah, I hope I can provide some good additional angles at times, and learn at others. And as for sticking around, I like discussion on forums and am also on another one that caters to a special kind of nerd crowd dedicated to sports logos and uniforms. So, I guess that means I’m ready for what I throw myself into! :grin:

Ha! That sounds old! :smile:

Well, I’ll kowtow to your wisdom and experience Sire!! :blush:

Thanks @RedKittieKat!

You can thank grandpa simpson for that one :joy::joy::joy: