Life Balance Calendar

Hi all,

I’m a graphic design student and I am seeking your advice and feedback regarding one of my projects.

Life Balance Calendar:

As a starting point for creating balance, happiness and success in your life, Life Balance Calendar is the perfect tool to begin your journey. Using this tool, you will be able to reflect and understand the patterns of your daily lifestyle.

The idea is to fill each empty month bottle every single day with colored sand according to how the day was spent. Each sand color represents a certain area in life (ex: Health/Fitness, Family, Career, Personal Growth & Fun). At the end of each month, you get a visualisation of how balanced your life is.

Behance Link

Thanks a lot :smiley:

Is there a color representing how much time you spent filling the bottle?
:slight_smile:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: I didn’t think of that :thinking:

But seriously it is very easy and it doesn’t take more than 2 minutes if you fill the bottle day by day so it shouldn’t be time consuming at all :see_no_evil:

Very nice work. I like the pattern that’s printed on the box and collateral to suggest the strata of the bottle, I like the simple black ink on the craft stock, overall handmade / crafty feel should appeal to younger adults who I guess you’d target with something like this. From a practicality point of view, the bottles could be used across multiple years if you don’t list the day next to the day, and you’ll probably need a lot more sand for career / education than any other sand color. But overall, great job on a student project.

It’s working on this older adult too :wink: I’m loving it :heart::heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your feedback :smiley:

For the sand problem, I was thinking of making extra sand packed in a craft paper pouch

1 Like

thank uuuu so much :blush::blush::blush: I’m glad u like it :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I echo this, but from a manufacturing perspective. If you print too many January 2018 bottles, you’ll have to throw away inventory. If you don’t order enough July 2018 bottles, then customers might miss a month and ruin the whole experience.

1 Like

Some day, my calendar will be filled with purple and red sad. Until that day, there’s an awful lot of gray.

1 Like

First of all, thank u a lot for your feedback

I agree, but I am not printing on the bottle themselves. I am actually using a transparent sticker (silk screen sticker to be specific). So the sticker could be easily removed and then I could insert another month sticker on the bottle. Would that solve the problem ?

Potentially, but it depends. Who’s adding the sticker? You or the customer? If it’s you, then you have to ask when the sticker is being applied. At the time of order? Not a big deal. Before you send 10 bottles to a retailer? Now you have the same problem at a different cost, because you’d have to ship the product to the retailer, then buy back whatever isn’t sold. Now what do you do? Ship it back, clean the bottles and add new stickers? How much does that cost and is it factored into the retail price?

If the customer is adding the stickers, how many stickers come in the box? How much does each sticker cost? What is your stance on environmentally sustainable products?

Contrast all of that with an abstract bottle that has 28-31 unmarked days on it. Now you have a bottle that can be mass produced and sold whenever.

woooooow !!! I really love this ideaaa :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: , at first I wasn’t really getting the concept of this abstract bottle. Yeah definitely, that would be way more practical. Thankk youu so much :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like