Logo Colours

Stuck in a rut. Help me find a good color combinations for my logo.

I know youā€™re only requesting feedback on your colour choice, but have you considered increasing the line weight and text weight of the logo, I think it seems a bit too thin?

That said, if youā€™re dead set on using it how it is, would recomend going for one colour or even just black and white - simple, clean and elegant.

Have quickly redrawn in a thicker weight:
removed by mod

As a reminder, please do not re-do any posts offered for critique and do not offer free work.

Thank you :slight_smile:

I think the middle one works best for contrast.

Just some comments.

To me, the entire composition seems a bit scattered and loose. Everything is flying apart. The letterspaced words accentuate this appearance. Whether this is good or bad is another issue, I guess.

The diagonal shape is noticeably narrower than the vertical shapes. It probably ought to be the same thickness or, at least, appear to visually be the same thickness.

Iā€™m not a big fan of creatively misspelled words, like KREATIV. Thatā€™s probably just me, though.

As for the color combinations, which is what you asked about, I donā€™t have a preference, but the way youā€™re using the colors, again, contributes to the scattered or sparse appearance of the entire composition. Personally, Iā€™d be inclined to add some bulk to the logo to better balance out the negative and positive shapes, which I think is similar to what @Pluto was suggesting.

2 Likes

ā€¦ and me. That makes two out of 5 million. Er, I mean milun.

Just as a side note ā€¦ if you are going to have a K along with two other words starting with K ā€¦ thatā€™s 3 Kā€™s right in a row. Might want to rethink that :wink:

Perhaps skip the trendy spelling and go with the traditional spelling.

2 Likes

Any progress?

Hereā€™s the thing: Youā€™re setting yourself up for potential entanglement here because of the high contrast between your 2 colors. It works okay on the white background of your Illustrator artboard, but on a light background other than white, the gold color will recede and weaken the presence of the brand-recognition-critical elements, lending disproportionate ā€œanchorā€ to the period and ā€˜CREATIVEā€™.

On a dark background, the opposite will happen, or youā€™ll have to reverse the colors, and effectively, the same as above will happen.

With a mark this simple (a good thing) a single color is the often a better option than forcing a second color on it (which is what I believe youā€™re doing here). If this was mine, and I was bent on 2 colors, I might consider making the partial-K symbol and the rest of the elements (personally, Iā€™d get rid of ā€˜creativeā€™ and the period) a single color, perhaps adding a ā€œbackgroundā€ shape element in the second color.

1 Like

@HotButton is this close to what youā€™re suggestin

I keep on seeing a V, if youā€™ll excuse my lack of imagination.

That circle is suffocating your logo.
Is that a brush effect?
Iā€™ll let you weed that vinyl for your signā€¦

Well, a circle would probably be the worst choice you can make, given the shape of the logo, and just an outline isnā€™t what I meant at all.

The rules prohibit me from reworking your example, so Iā€™ll clarify my suggestion with this quick and dirty sillinessā€¦

I would add: sketch, sketch, sketch. And then make some sketches.

Now i get it thanks. Thanks yā€™all