Logo Design Critique - Royal

Depends on what they are looking to get done.

Even though this is imaginary, I thought there was a rule about redrawing OPā€™s logos?

And I dunno about photos of Boris Karloff as Fu Manchu eitherā€¦ I mean, I guess at least itā€™s not Master Pagesā€¦

:innocent:

2 Likes

It is, but @Praxis was making a joke, which made it a non-serious redraw ā€” a borderline infraction, I guess, that skirts the rules just enough to slide on by. Sort of like the cop not pulling me over for driving 69 in a 65-mph zone.

Fake royalty, fake Chinese person ā€” when pretense is part of the design solution, consistency matters. :wink: I remember the old 1950s movie where John Wayne played the role of Genghis Kahn. That wouldnā€™t go over well today. Even then, it was cringe-worthy.

:woozy_face:

1 Like

Donā€™t forget Marlon Brando in The Teahouse of the August Moon (Mid-50, I think).

1 Like

Since we are talking about it, speaking of cringe-worthy ā€¦

Mickey Rooney as Mr. Yunioshi from Breakfast at Tiffanyā€™s is about as cringey as it gets. To me it puts a major black eye on an otherwise beautiful movie.

Blake Edwards has always been of fairly low taste when it comes to his movie content. Thereā€™s always somethingā€¦

1 Like

sammy-hagar-police