Logo Design. Where did I go wrong?

As someone with little graphical design knowledge l could see all of them work, I don’t really dislike one of them. I’m amazed at how rude this client was, making you go through the work and then coming with something so disingenuous. Sorry it happened.

I can easily see these sewn into a polo or a shirt with some refinements. Icon on the breast with the namesake on the tag.

So you linked the logo with the name i.e Marco Polo with a Boat - this can be ok in some situations but do not automatically assume that is the right approach.

for example, the Barcadi logo, is a bat!

That’s true. But there is a story behind Bacardi’s bat, related to the Bacardi’s distillery.

I don’t think these suck! I particularly like the first and last ones for their simple graphic illustrations. I had the same thought as another commenter, that maybe this person is “crowdsourcing” designs. Otherwise I think they would have given you more useful and concrete feedback about what they would like to be different. And I agree with you that it doesn’t have to directly speak to clothing. While some said, that’s okay for big brands but not for a new business — I feel that may not be taking into consideration the possibility that they could become a big brand. Would they completely change their logo once they were successful and confuse their costumer base with a rebrand? Anyway, sorry to hear you got such a negative response.

Thank you for your answer!
Yes I tend to believe that a logo identifies more than explains what is it about, so it hasn’t to be literal.
Thank you for helping me get over this “traumatizing” experience.
It was very harsh and hard to swallow for me.

1 Like