Logo w/ full letter head

Curious. They really are going to sell like that? Around here you’d be really lucky to buy any part of the head without buying at least a whole half pig. Head cheese, you can get, already made, and ears and snouts for the dog at the local Agway, but not so much a butcher shop.

You forgot the trotters. (Yum. Especially pickled!)

No comment on the type. Still not diggin the rustic font, the rustic pig and the perfect oval thin line outline.

I’m not real wild about the sans serif font you selected. That and the gap between the product and price is huge. Resulting in (IMO) a very awkward and odd amount of negative space right up the middle.

Is there a rule of thumb when it comes to pairing two fonts, one with sarifs and one without? Aside from just having them look visually appealing in the space space.

I quickly put this together, I thought it was a bit to separated and thought use periods (…) to link it together.

@PrintDriver This is a totally faux project. I was not aware of this. I assumed most cuts at a butcher shop would be purchasable. Why have them if not to be able to purchase them individually? Good to know though I can revise the available parts to make it more believable.

There is a rule about pairing fonts like that; but its a bit of an oversimplificiation I would say. The rule basically implies that you should use 2 fonts that are very similar to each other cause what would be the point? most people wouldn’t be able to tell them apart (like pairing Arial with Helvetica) but when pairing the 2 fonts should be complementary and match your theme.

For me I would say:

• “The” I feel is too big. “The” isn’t too important in the overall name and even though youve made it smaller then “Porkshop” it still has too strong a visual heirarchy. Also have you tried using a cursive typeface on “THE”

• The spacing between your letters I feel are off. If you used the default kerning you should try to kern the letters yourself so its optically balanced. A good game to learn on is KernMe.

• I personally think that the typeface choice is alright. Has kind of a modern but old-fashioned feel to it. There could be better ones but I’m too lazy to go look at typefaces right now.

• I take it you did this in illustrator, I would take the smoother tool along some of your lines to get rid of the sharper angles

• I can potentially see “PorkShop” being placed inside the cut up pig as negative space which may give it a more unified look

Thank you for the feed back…KernMe is what I did not know I need. it’s a good way to trade the eye.