Margarita Recipe

I do enjoy cocktails with my current bias being towards a Manhattan or a blood orange bourbon cocktail. But if I ever had a really expensive bottle, I would not be inclined to mix it.

I like a good Mexican dark beer of most any kind. Negra Modelo is perfect with Mexican food and pizza. A good porter or even a stout suits me just fine too.

Slushy margaritas are tasty, but they give me a painful brain freeze, so I’ve learned to avoid them.

I’ve never liked the effects of alcohol, so mixed drinks and, especially, straight hard liquor has no appeal to me. I’ve tried to like wine, but it tastes like old juice that’s gone bad no matter how hard I try.

3 Likes

I always thought I was alone in this :wink:

I see people drinking it and savoring the flavor, the aroma, the color … and I am always at a loss. I am the age where I just say nope … not trying it. No matter how much anyone tells me … but … but … but … you haven’t tried this one … it’s fantastic.

No … no it’s not :wink:

Can you eat Cilantro by any chance? I can’t. I see most people gobble it up by the wheelbarrow full and beg for more. I could barf. LOL :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve often wondered if whatever makes me hate that also makes me reel back from Wine. I know they say it has something to do with genetics. There just has to be something in me that makes certain things taste reallyyy bad. :nauseated_face:

I’m with you, I hate the idea of adulterating a good whiskey, or whisky with anything. Even ice. The angels have had their share, while is has sat there for 10+ years. It feels wrong to do anything but drink it neat.

That said, my favourite tipple, when it comes to spirits is a good Bas Armagnac.

Other than that, I do love my wine – especially those that have been sitting there for a few decades. I am a sucker for Italian wine. We even had our own vineyard for a while. Enough for our annual needs, rather than commercial.

If I drink beer – and I do – I love dark, malty ones. Not a fan of the modern palette for citrusy hoppy ales. There’s no place for citrus in beer.

1 Like

No. I don’t like Cilantro. It tastes like a pungent garden weed that’s been doused in detergent. I’m not quite sure how anyone could like it.

I’ve read articles about how some people can’t taste the bitter chemical in broccoli that causes others to hate it. I’m apparently someone who lacks the gene because I love broccoli.

However, I can definitely taste the awful flavor of cilantro. Perhaps there’s a genetic component in how people taste wine differently too.

1 Like

Same here … I love Broccoli too. :smiley:

Cilantro tastes like perfumed soap to me. Not very pleasant at all :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, exactly. It’s not necessarily a bad smell, but like scented laundry detergent, I don’t want the taste in my mouth.

1 Like

I love cilantro and joke that I wish someone sold cilantro scented car air fresheners.

2 Likes

LOL … I could deal with an air freshener … just don’t spray it in my mouth :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha! I just nearly said the same thing Just-B did :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Like @Steve_O, I too am rather fond of cilantro.

The weirdest I ever had was a brandy from estonia it had a tree growing in it.

It tasted like soil.

Still drank in one sitting

We call it coriander here and our asian grocers all sell it fresh. We don’t buy it much because we grow our own. We use it in cooking, or as a garnish and very often in salads.

Here Cilantro is the leaf and Coriander is the ground seed. That is a tad more tolerable to me :wink:

And everyone says “So you don’t eat Salsa???” like that cancels out my aversion. Yes, I do eat Salsa. Whatever else is in it masks the perfume taste. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here in the US, there are at least a couple of brands of imported Mexican tequila with critters in them. One has a mescal worm and another a scorpion — both dead, of course, but still floating around in the bottle.

Edit: I was trying to find the brand of tequila with a scorpion in it and ran across this. Yuck!

I’d have to draw the line at that one now :smiley:

I’m pretty much game for anything - but snakes and fish is where I draw the line.

I don’t know why, but I get physically ill at the sight of snakes, and I just cannot stand fish, the look, the smell, the everything.

I’m always on the lookout for something cool though. I have a pretty neat drinks trolley in the living room - and I often buy a really cool looking bottle of something to add to it.

I find the more I spend the less likely I am to drink it too quickly.
As I could with cheaper brands just go through them.

That’s why I spend a bit on them.

Plus, I genuinely like the taste of most alcohol.
So having nice versions of everything is pretty nice for me personally.

Amaretto mixed with Mead, equal parts (50/50) is really nice. Imagine a liqueur which tastes like honey and almonds. :grin:

1 Like

If we’re going there, my traditional Christmas drink is Guiness with a measure of Advocaat stirred in to it.

You have to stir it because it settles in a lump at the bottom. It makes the Guinness go flat, but it tastes like alcoholic caramel.

A post was split to a new topic: My curiosity is piqued

Done :slight_smile:

It can be found here:

New Question

1 Like