MidJourney AI Tool

I haven’t had time to get back to it, but I am following with great interest. Would you be willing to post your prompts? The results are fascinating.

1 Like

I have not messed around with it, but I enjoy seeing what you’re doing.

1 Like

Sure :smile:

Use what ever prompts you need to focus in on what your subject is … ie Beautiful woman, furry dog, gladiator, etc.

I try to be as detailed as possible such as Renaissance queen, castle, blue sky … you get the idea :wink:

These are the additions I’ve picked up along the way that will help stylize your image:
Realistic portrait of (your choice)
Dynamic pose
realistic skin texture
full body portrait
photorealistic
hyper-realistic
sharp focus
extremely detailed
unreal engine
cinematic lightning
neural details
intricate detail
volumetric lightning
highly detailed
high resolution
ultra HD
photo realism
in frame
Cinestill 800T
symmetrical face
symmetrical eyes

These are ending prompts that can really enhance or ruin your image LOL :stuck_out_tongue: But, they are fun to see what happens with

–no digital painting
–creative
–ar 4:5
–test
–upbeta

This will also give you a lot of idea and information on how things work. It also explains Stylize and Quality values. I haven’t played much with those to be honest :wink:

This is the string of prompts I used for the rose image:

Spring, climbing pink rose bush, old barn door, climbing Ivy, photorealistic, octane render, shabby chic, beautiful, many details, Ultra detailed, ethereal, particles, Beam of light, Outside, Nature, blue sky, 8k --test --creative --upbeta

Just play and have fun. Believe me it’s a 50-50 shot at something with a wow factor. For every really nice image I think I get I have a lot that are … well… crapola lol :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Also, one afterthought. Avoid anything that will include hands or feet. AI still can’t get that right … at all. They always look deformed or like blown out sausages.

I’m sure it’s one of those things that will improve over time. The eyes have gotten much better from where they were even a month ago.

:slight_smile:

I’ve tried to use it, but I can’t make any sense out of the user interface. I can’t even figure out how to do anything at all.

I’m obviously doing something (or everything wrong), but all I see is a confusing social media thing with messages, servers, images, and downloadable Discourse apps (whatever they are). None of it makes any sense to me.

I’ve read through the quickstart stuff and I’m totally stumped. I’m not at all sure what I’m missing. :confused:

1 Like

Trust me I was so intimidated when I went in. I felt like Travolta in Pulp Fiction :rofl:

200rtw

First, you don’t have to download anything. I use it right through my browser. They throw up those pop ups when you log in. Just x them out.

Now, there may be quite a few other users in there, I try to block them out and just focus on what I am doing. You can even hide the user list.

If you ever used IRC, it’s similar. Every command starts with a “/”. If you want to type in some prompts, you first type /imagine then you can type your prompts in and hit enter. I usually have all mine in notepad then copy and paste them in. That’s just easier for me.

Once you hit enter you have to wait until the picture is rendered. Usually about 30 to 45 seconds.

You will get a “ding” or a red highlight bubble to the left that you have a mention. That means the MidJourney bot finished rendering your image. This also confused me because I couldn’t find my image among the tons of users. Then I realized there was an inbox in the upper right hand corner. Click that then click Mentions. Your image request will be there … click the Jump button on that message and your feed will scroll to your image. There you can blow it up or make more variations.

Believe me I felt like I was floundering for a while. But, I just blocked everyone out basically and kept trying and finally got the hang of it :wink:

Now I’m teaching my Joe how to use it because he joined a Patreon for one of his favorite YouTube creators and they have a Discord. I warned him that I’m new too LOL. He is starting to get the hang of it as well.

Don’t put any pressure on yourself. Just go in and have fun. :heart:

1 Like

I wonder if MidJourney was the tool used in these music videos with images generated by an AI.

1 Like

This is probably a stupid question, but where does one type in the prompts? Seriously, I’m that confused. :wink:

1 Like

Woot, I created, um, something. Hmm, now I need to figure this out after just being silly.

2 Likes

I see it is beta, and @RedKittieKat you clearly have used it a lot. At some point there is a charge with using it, correct? Or no?

1 Like

@CraigB That’s awesome!!! :smiley: I love it :smiley:

And it’s not free now either :stuck_out_tongue: You get about 50 generations and then you have to subscribe if you want more :wink: Same with Stability AI. You get 200 credits. Each generation is 1 to 5 credits depending on how in depth you go. Then you have to buy more as well if you want to continue.

But, I do believe they have something you can now download on to your PC for unlimited use. I haven’t dug that deep yet :wink:

Spoiler

I may have used another email :grin:

Here you go B … I hope this helps :heart:

Then remember to check your inbox at the top right to find your image if you can’t see them in your feed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm, just playing for a bit I have already run out of credits. I mean, it is interesting, I wish I had a better grasp of what works and what doesn’t.

1 Like

It was interesting though.

1 Like
1 Like

Really happy with how this turned out. I prompted up a few. I like them all but, this is my favorite.

Old Hollywood Glamour

a47893

3 Likes

This one was made using DALL E 2… twas too good not to share
Those fingers? claws? are rather uncomfortable though

“Grizzly bear wearing suit sat at a desk drinking coffee, detailed fur, hyper-realistic”

3 Likes

That turned out great! :smiley:

Six fingers and a thumb?

That’s AI lol … it can NOT do hands yet. :wink:

1 Like