Missing Something? Label Design

Flip my eyesite is getting worse. Thought it said Orange Tea!!!
Soz. I like it!

Well done!

1 Like

The flavor “Tropical Hibiscus” is at 110pt

See post above :grin:

1 Like

In these parts “cutline” is popularly referring to the name of the author of a specific published article.

Never heard that before!

1 Like

Quite right. We’re on opposite sides of the pond.

100% agreed on the part about hierarchy.

At my previous jobs in newspapers and magazines, cutlines were what many would call captions. The author’s names were referred to as bylines. The locations (sometimes listed beneath the bylines) were called datelines, which I never understood since they didn’t contain any dates.

As you and Smurft2 mentioned, the jargon differs from place to place.

I stand corrected. You are right of course. At least I can hide behind my senility.

It’s been happening more and more often. Alarming.

Well, you got a fox on there now, so that’s an improvement, and the label is less cluttered.

What still needs fixing?

• The illustration style of the fox and the “leave frame” are inconsistent - the toucan illustration was much better in that regard.
  • Looking at the “facial expression” and body language of the fox, he does not look lucky or happy, but rather shy and alert. Can you make him a bit more cunning and sly?
  • I just feel a brand like “Lucky Fox Tea” would look much better with a vintage label, I really wish you’d try that out at least - but it’s your assignment and I’m not the client. Anyway, I’ll leave these images here to give you another nudge… :wink:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/812J6PGB3rL.AC_SL1500.jpg

So the hierarchy still bothers me - and others apparently.

I’d just move ‘organic tea’ below ‘tropical hibiscus’.
Now, I’d try the ‘tropical hibiscus’ in all caps - with the ‘organic tea’ changed to lower case.

You might even try ‘tropical hibiscus’ on two lines.

As a consumer, if I am looking for Tropical Hibiscus, and there are several flavors on the shelf, and setting aside the graphics, I would want the Tropical Hibiscus to be stronger.