My first try at graphic design, with my very minimal knowledge

It’s a little retro Apple wallpaper

Wrong font.
Look up Kerning.
And the original retro Apple at the start of this campaign was the rainbow version.

I think you missed the point behind the “Think Different” campaign… Study up on the old posters and see the meaning behind the art. Graphic design always has a “sell.” What are they selling?

4 Likes

Well, there’s a first time for all of us.

I keep my very first design “thing” on the bookshelf next to my desk here at home. It was my first project in my first design class.

I have no idea why I thought cutting out some random Chinese character, gluing it to a piece of illustration board and covering it with gesso had anything to do with design, but here it is. It’s sort of grungy with age and more than a little stupid, but I keep it as a reminder. On the back, there’s the grade my professor wrote in pencil. I got a B- on it (I think he was being generous).

It’s been 40 years, and I’ve gotten somewhat more knowledgable about design since then. :wink:

So congratulations on your first effort. :grinning:

4 Likes

thanks for the reply, but I didn’t take it that seriously, made it really quickly

thanks

Graphic design is a serious profession.
Lots of research involved.
“I did it fast,” is not an acceptable argument.
I get that you said you have minimal knowledge. I gave you a couple directions to pursue in your research.
Or it’s just a pretty picture.
[shrug]

2 Likes

How fun to upload our first design projects! My first one was to design a halloween book cover. this was mine lol

2 Likes

You did post this piece to the ‘Crit Pit’…which implies you were looking for critique.

2 Likes

We can tell.

Gooood Work

It does look retro, because of the colors and stripes. But needs more work before I would put it on my screen. Accept the good critique above, and keep learning. One day you will look back at this post and you will smile.

1 Like