New flyer design

What are your thoughts on this design for a real estate seminar? need help tweaking it

1 Like

No location.
Lose all the hyphens.

2 Likes

Hierarchy needs looking at. The main heading is not the first thing you see.

2 Likes

thanks

Yeah, hierarchy is weak . . . monotone . . . nothing stands out. Not crazy about the headlines set in rectangles.

It needs a concept on which to hinge the message. The image says “serving the city up on a platter,” then there’s a theme touted about residential communities and closing some unidentified gap. There’s no cohesion.

And Smurf2 is right; hyphens are awful when they’re needed. When they’re not needed, having them is inexcusable.

1 Like

I’d make the type larger and set it ragged right instead of justified. That would eliminate the need for hyphenated words.

Why does the day of the week — Thursday — nearly invisible? Is it an extra-light weight of type? If so, I’d make it heavier.

You’ve listed the date and time for the event but make no mention of the location.

The entire first paragraph consists of one long run-on sentence. In that sentence, “single family” is used as a compound adjective, requiring a hyphen.

The second bulleted item does not need the comma.

Your use of the Oxford comma is inconsistent. Either use it or don’t use it.

Perhaps this is the text you were given, but it still needs to be fixed.

As others have mentioned, there’s a lack of hierarchy. I’d likely make the headline at the top larger.

Although I don’t dislike the boxes around the “Theme” headlines, they seem inappropriate since it breaks the name of the conference into two separate units.

Please don’t mistake my picky comments for not liking the layout. It’s really not too bad, which enables me to drill down into the kind of thing a copy editor might catch.

1 Like

love everyone’s feedback, would work on it and upload the changes thanks. :heart:

Don’t. It’s a real pet hate. I know it’s more acceptable in US English and altough it is becoming more widespread here, it still really gets under my skin.

1 Like

©2021 Graphic Design Forum | Contact | Legal | Twitter | Facebook