16-1546

09meanwhile-image1-articleLarge
11495813_web1_PantoneColor

8 Likes

Yack.
More reminds me of canned salmon.
:laughing:

2 Likes

I didn’t even know they made canned salmon. But I’m not surprised.

1 Like

I actually kinda like canned salmon as long as it includes the bones. Those are yummy.
But it looks kinda gross when slurked outta the can, before you mush it up for a sandwich.

1 Like

I quite like this color, but haven’t had much chance to use it.

The whole notion of a color of the year is a bit silly unless, of course, you’re the CEO of Pantone who sees a marketing opportunity to drum up excitement over a non-existent something.

3 Likes

If I had to guess the colour before its release, I would have guessed Coral based on how many people were wearing it during the spring/summer (probably not, but thinking back to summer a lot of people were wearing coral around the office).

1 Like

I quite agree with B’s CEO comment.
The fact that they are always fabric swatches, which most Graphic Designers shouldn’t be using anyway, really leaves their purpose for such things dangling.

1 Like

I love this color!

1 Like
1 Like

I guess that explains why this color could also be described as “Dark Vomit.”
:wink:

1 Like

@PrintDriver made me think of bees vomiting honey.

1 Like

I follow Leatrice Eiseman on Instagram. She’d been posting past colors of the year until they released the one for 2019.

1 Like

Pantone gettin’ political.

1 Like

I thought I was the only one. I loveeeee the bones :smiley:

So what am I missing? What is political about the color Coral?

Maybe Pantone is making a statement about climate change and the oceans getting warmer and more polluted. The most recent reports indicate that 70–90 percent of the world’s coral reefs will be gone within the next 30 years.

2 Likes

Ahh ok … that could be. I wasn’t thinking in any terms other than color when I saw it. I tend to take things at face value. All I saw was a write up on a pretty color :wink:

2 Likes

Yep. Everything today absolutely MUST revolve around politics.

People need to go back to forgetting about politics except for a few days every other year. Seriously, this is getting sooooo stupid.

2 Likes

Every now and then I put on my tin hat … prolly should just throw the thing away.

1 Like

Seeing this color this morning, I’m thinking, “lobster for lunch.”
:upside_down_face:

2 Likes