Pirate Clipart Mash-up

I like to “pirate” clipart from the web and mash them together into either landscapes or characters. I use them for facebook mostly as cover photos profile pics etc. It’s a hobby just to practice. My internet was down and photoshop would not run without verifying my subscription. Bite me adobe welcome Affinity.

2 Likes

Aaaarghh, ye hornswaggled some pirate art, did ya? Good on ya matey! With that thar leg, ya might even a made yerself a self-portrait. :wink:

3 Likes

Nice job. Really love it! What others have you done?

I work on the Adobe forums - so I was sorry to hear that you had the issue had - here’s my due diligence!

Hope that explains it!

You must connect to the Internet when you want to install Adobe Creative Cloud apps, such as Photoshop and Illustrator. Once the apps are installed on your computer, you don’t need an ongoing Internet connection to use the apps.

You can use the apps in offline mode with a valid software license for a limited period. The apps attempt to validate your software license every 30 days. You receive a reminder to reconnect to the Internet to validate your license

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html#:~:text=Once%20the%20apps%20are%20installed,connection%20to%20use%20the%20apps.&text=In%20offline%20mode%2C%20annual%20Creative,30%20days%20of%20grace%20period.

1 Like

Internet sminternet. Adobe sucks in that respect. As do quite a number of other softwares with subscription models.

Mashups can be fun. GDF used to do a lot more of that stuff. Maybe we can talk RKK into doing a Halloween GDF haunted house party the Friday before. But they are a lot of work to wrangle, I think.
?

2 Likes

Totally valid opinion - won’t derail the thread.
Just acknowledge your point of view. Thanks.

Ooooh we haven’t done one is so long! I would love that actually :smiley:

And that’s adorable Willy! Well … if pirate can be adorable :wink:

2 Likes

I believe the original haunted house party was before my time, but it sounds like it would be fun.

1 Like

Count me in.

Can’t get over how good the Pirate from the @willyflew actually is - it’s a brilliant idea!

2 Likes

I’m in too.

1 Like

Sounds fun. I’m game.

1 Like

This is awesome! Nice job getting around the internet issue.

1 Like

This is the late Homer Depot he passed suddenly after seeing the Christmas set already out. Cause of death is still unknown. Security does have a suspect the animatronic Santa was caught on security cameras near the scene.:crazy_face:

3 Likes

I could swear I’ve seen this guy at Home Depot. I think he’s the greeter at the door who says things like, “You’ll find it on aisle 12, bin 17” or “The pick-up counter is right around the corner to your left.”

1 Like

“Homer Depot” Love it :smiley:

1 Like

@RedKittieKat Homer is our internal mascot primarily used for our awards system called “Homer Awards.” These are more or less awards not based on sales/business accomplishements but are given for acts that go beyond just being a robot. For example my last one was for suggesting a pumkin coloring contest formula for the cashiers on cashiers appreciation month. Stuff like that. They actually become monetary after a certain level. I am currently at Silver level (50 extra in the paycheck). At the highest level you get to select from a selection of very expensive gifts. It’s fun stuff.:grin:

1 Like

good grief !! What has willy turned me into today!

2 Likes